• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A* in math

Reaction score
i lost about say a max of 10 marks (although im sure i lost less than that) in p1
maybe 1 mark out of p4
and maybe 1 mark from p3
how much will i need to get an A* in math A level?

Reaction score
Wow. I am not even sure, If i gained anything in mechanics.
A* is mostly on 90, But it always depend on the threshold percentage. I mean, from all i see, you are getting an A*
Dude, come on. what do you do???????

Reaction score
a maximum of 4% lost from p1 and a maximum of 1.5 percent from the pures that means i can only loose 4.5 percent from stats and i suck at stats, like really suck
so im not sure the A* will be easy enough to get
inshAllah A* for all, well if u worked hard for it

Reaction score
guys plzzz stop ur silly predictions..non of u have the mark scheme to decide how much he/she lost...leave it to god its just ur faith and destination..make ur calculations in maths but dont calculate ur life
i have done well but i dont know whether i lost or not and i need not need know simply coz i will not know that only after the exam

3asa 2an takrho she2an waho 5eeron kalm

Reaction score
Actually you really cannot say, I had this friend of mine last year who scored lyk 3As & 2Bs in Chemistry, but overall she got an A*, So it really really depends on how EVERYONE performs & not just how YOU perform. Get it?

Reaction score
do u understand first what iam saying big girl..iam not talking about myself..i mean we need to be optmistic and stop perdicting wht we lost and think logically
and about ur friend..did she know her marks before the results..iam wishing everybody gud luck and hope everybody would get an A*..

understand before u post anything..and mind ur words girl

Reaction score
DUDE -.-
I did not intend to POINT it out on anyone in particular..U got me wrong, That's what I was trying to say as well that never know what those ppl mite grade you.
No offence intended!

Reaction score
i apologize if anything went wrong from my side..but u capitaly mentioned me in ur last post..anyway its ok
guys dont just start calculating wht u lost and hw much is left for me to get a particular grade..no no and big no...work hard as much as u can and leave the rest on god.
just a theory
thank u everybody and sorry if u couldnt understand my concept very well

Reaction score
Dude, it seems quite impressive the way you performed. I hope you do score A* as the level of mistakes you tell are very low.
Thresholds are made looking at the highest performers, now you should be praying that either you are the highest scorer or you are within the range. :)
But surely your chances look bright.

MHR

Reaction score
ahmed t said:
i lost about say a max of 10 marks (although im sure i lost less than that) in p1
maybe 1 mark out of p4
and maybe 1 mark from p3

Okay, so u say u lost 10 marks from P1 and 1 mark from P3. These 2 papers are weighted the same and carry 75 marks each. To get an A, according to May 2010 gt, u need to secure about 65 of the 75 marks in each. Since an 80% on the ums scale is an A and a 90% is an A*, I'm assuming u need to get at least an avg. of 70 on each of P1 and P3, (i.e, u get to lose about 5 points from each at most) to keep up hope for an A*.

P4, P5, P6 and P7 are weighted less because they are each graded out of 45 marks. U say u missed only 1 from P4, which is good. Just try to lose as less marks on ur stats exam, probably keep it below 5 pts. Which means make sure u attempt every question so that even if ur dead sure ur wrong, at least u might secure a couple of method marks.

Hope this helps. And needless to say, a lot depends on the performance of others this year. So better pray for a bit of luck!

Reaction score
ahmed t said:
a maximum of 4% lost from p1 and a maximum of 1.5 percent from the pures that means i can only loose 4.5 percent from stats and i suck at stats, like really suck
so im not sure the A* will be easy enough to get
inshAllah A* for all, well if u worked hard for it

oh no you don't suck at stats :p go through the forum, most questions people ask about stats are answered by you :) so chill, ur A* is like a 100% guarantee inshallah

Reaction score
ahmed t said:
maybe 1 mark out of p4
and maybe 1 mark from p3
depends on threshold!