• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
In B, there is irreversible non-competitive inhibition. You have to explain that and quote data from graphs to support your explanation.
In C, you have to outline how RER makes proteins and Golgi modifies the polypeptides to form their tertiary and Quaternary structures and all the bonds, and finally packages and releases them as enzymes.

Reaction score
In B, there is irreversible non-competitive inhibition. You have to explain that and quote data from graphs to support your explanation.
In C, you have to outline how RER makes proteins and Golgi modifies the polypeptides to form their tertiary and Quaternary structures and all the bonds, and finally packages and releases them as enzymes.
thank you,
but in B) why it is non competitive inhibitor
when the concentration of the substrate increase the initial rate of reaction will also increase , if i am not wrong

Reaction score
thank you,
but in B) why it is non competitive inhibitor
when the concentration of the substrate increase the initial rate of reaction will also increase , if i am not wrong
Because an inorganic ion is involved. When you think of it, anything that fits into the active site has to form Hydrogen bonds with the aminoacids on the active site. Cobalt being an inorganic ion can't do so. So it would attach to the enzyme elsewhere.

I didn't get the second line of your question though.

Reaction score
i have a problem in describing graphs.. can someone help me with it? what exactly should i write about?