• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can anyone see my answer for this question and tell me how many marks I should earn please?( it holds 4 marks)View attachment 59707
My answer: amylose is formed by joining multiple glucose units unto unbranched 1,4 glycosidic bonds.amylopectin is formed from joining multiple glucose units into 1,4 glycosidic bonds branching from 1,6 glycosidic bond.
3 I think. :p
Do mention condensation or alpha helix or branches.
Hey guys, can anybody help me with this question? i wrote my answer but i am not sure if it should fulfil the markscheme or not,so here is the question:
View attachment 59554 View attachment 59555
My answer:
a-glucose molecules are bonder together as monomers from carbon 1 to carbon 4 to form unbranched chain known as amylose. a-glucose molecules are bonded together by both c1 to c4 and c1 to c6 to from a polysacharride with a branched chain known as amylopectin.

so, how many points should i earn for my answer?

thanks in advance. :)
I think you would get 3 or full marks. You should've also mentioned about condensation.

This is what I wrote...maybe it can help.
View attachment 59556

Reaction score
Why am I so idiot? :mad::mad::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Actually, the last answer I showed was written in the first semester while the first answer is in the second semester. Somehow, my teacher gave me 2 marks :cry::cry:.no reason why

Reaction score
Why am I so idiot? :mad::mad::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Actually, the last answer I showed was written in the first semester while the first answer is in the second semester. Somehow, my teacher gave me 2 marks :cry::cry:.no reason why
Its okay. :LOL: Bio does alot of weird things to your brain.
Yes I noticed both were different but one thing they had in common was they both did not mention condensation. :p
Sorry to hear that.It is dissapointing. :3
Why does your teacher make me feel that I know nothing about the MS.

Reaction score
Can anyone see my answer for this question and tell me how many marks I should earn please?( it holds 4 marks)View attachment 59707
My answer: amylose is formed by joining multiple glucose units unto unbranched 1,4 glycosidic bonds.amylopectin is formed from joining multiple glucose units into 1,4 glycosidic bonds branching from 1,6 glycosidic bond.
I don't know how good my answer is, but I think it covers all the points :p

Amylose and amylopectin are formed by the condensation between alpha-glucose molecules. In amylose, in this way, a long, unbraching chain of several thousand glucose molecules linked by 1,4 glycosidic bonds is formed. Amylopectin is also made of many 1,4 linked a-glucose molecules, but the chains are shorter than in amylose, and branch out to sides. The branches are formed by 1, 6 glycosidic linkages.

Reaction score
Its okay. :LOL: Bio does alot of weird things to your brain.
Yes I noticed both were different but one thing they had in common was they both did not mention condensation. :p
Sorry to hear that.It is dissapointing. :3
Why does your teacher make me feel that I know nothing about the MS.
Both didn't have condensation because both answers were written before I found this thread on xpc. It looks my brain is letting out fumes thanks to bio.:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Advantages of genetic engineering over selective breeding.
Have there been questions for this in P4?
If yes how many marks?

Reaction score
This is the new edition of Biology but I think the left side of this page is missing, as there is no Fig 2.7 and also seems like the text is not linking . I desperately need this one, if somebody has the book, could you please scan this page#33 of this book? :(

Untitled.jpg

Reaction score
This is the new edition of Biology but I think the left side of this page is missing, as there is no Fig 2.7 and also seems like the text is not linking . I desperately need this one, if somebody has the book, could you please scan this page#33 of this book? :(

View attachment 59719
Even I got the ebook and this is how it is. :/
BUT hey look here:
https://books.google.com.sa/books?i...JzAC#v=onepage&q=Biological molecules&f=false
Search it up or should I post a screenshot?

Reaction score
Ohh good! wonder why I didn't think of Google Books! (probably cuz they are never helpful, the pages needed the most are always missing:p) Thanks a bunch (y)