• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG!

MN for this qs i think indirectly the qs is talking about mutation (base deletion) already and for the answer its looking for its effects. Meaning what happens after the mutation has occured which means the number of amino acids in the structure, also causes changes in the primary structure, active site has changed this also causes the enzyme to not function.

so yeah mentioning mutation won't give any marks as the qs is already asking tht

Reaction score
SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG!

MN for this qs i think indirectly the qs is talking about mutation (base deletion) already and for the answer its looking for its effects. Meaning what happens after the mutation has occured which means the number of amino acids in the structure, also causes changes in the primary structure, active site has changed this also causes the enzyme to not function.

so yeah mentioning mutation won't give any marks as the qs is already asking tht
Ohh okay.Thanks!
Yup its correct
Thanks!
the father gives the Y chromosome to son and since hemophilia is only present on X chromosome the father wont give it to the son and instead he gives it to his daughters
OMG what stupidity I have committed.:giggle:
Thanks! I get it.

Reaction score
Maize, Zea mays, is a major cereal food crop. Unlike most crop plants, maize seed is
produced by hybridisation between two different inbred parental strains.

hybridisation means artifical selection in the context of above sentence???
between two different inbred parental strains.?? means what