• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
And one more thing...first es complexes will form and then they will break...this will happen with tym
Yes they do form but if they don't reach 0 over time with enzyme having no pain in the *** is something quite strange

Reaction score
Yes they do form but if they don't reach 0 over time with enzyme having no pain in the *** is something quite strange
so it ultimately makes us choose option D.Nothing is wrong in they showing us the complex conc from the top to the bottom anyway if it makes sense right?

Reaction score
Because of ph change due to H+ ions when complex change into product and medium gets too alkaline or too acidic.Enzyme can stop working because product act as uncompetitve inhibitor.You can't control that right?

Reaction score
Because of ph change due to H+ ions when complex change into product and medium gets too alkaline or too acidic.Enzyme can stop working because product act as uncompetitve inhibitor.You can't control that right?
C'mon bro it never happens!! Don't make prediction be precise

Reaction score
Okay so what do u think of the INITIAL part of the graph? How could it be max at time zero?
It isin't necessary to start a graph from origin right?.They were studying how enzyme substrate complex changes over time,so it would make sense for the graph to start when all the enzyme is saturated with substrate molecules and enzyme substarte conc is max and see the changes happen to it overtime when time passes

Reaction score
C'mon bro it never happens!! Don't make prediction be precise
It does happen and anyways you answered your own question.
IF THE CONDITIONS ARE CONSTANT AND NO CHANGES OCCUR TO ENZYME,HOW DO YOU EXPECT ENZYME SUBSTRATE COMPLEX TO NOT CHANGE INTO PRODUCT FULLY.
Again you answered your own question.

Reaction score
It does happen and anyways you answered your own question.
IF THE CONDITIONS ARE CONSTANT AND NO CHANGES OCCUR TO ENZYME,HOW DO YOU EXPECT ENZYME SUBSTRATE COMPLEX TO NOT CHANGE INTO PRODUCT FULLY.
Again you answered your own question.
Bro if u think concentration gets constant with time then it SHOULD BE LEVELED OFF

Reaction score
It isin't necessary to start a graph from origin right?.They were studying how enzyme substrate complex changes over time,so it would make sense for the graph to start when all the enzyme is saturated with substrate molecules and enzyme substarte conc is max and see the changes happen to it overtime when time passes
Come on!!!! see the graph carefully IT IS STARTING FROM THE ORIGIN

Reaction score
YES THIS IS TRUE THAT AFTER SOME TIME, THE CONCENTRATION SHOULD BE ZERO BUT YOU CAN NOT PROVE THAT IT IS NOT ZERO AT TIME ZERO

Reaction score
THEY SAID A LITTLE IN EXCESS TO CONFUSE YOU BRO!
IT DOESENT MATTER LOL BECAUSE CONDITIONS ARE CONSTANT.
ANSWER MY QUESTION FIRST.HOW CAN A ENZYME NOT CONVERT EXCESS SUBSTRATE INTO PRODUCT OVER TIME IF NOTHING HAPPENS TO DISRUPT IT FUNCTION.
YOU ARE TELLING ME A ENZYME CANT CAHNGE EXCESS SUBSTRATE INTO PRODUCT EVEN IN A YEAR?

YOU TELLONG ME

Reaction score
YES THIS IS TRUE THAT AFTER SOME TIME, THE CONCENTRATION SHOULD BE ZERO BUT YOU CAN NOT PROVE THAT IT IS NOT ZERO AT TIME ZERO
IF YOU PLS LOOK VERYYYY CAREFULLY YOULL SEE THAT INDEED GRAPH STARTS FOM 0, I AGREE BUT I MEANT TO SAY IT CAN EVEN START FROM MAXIMUM WHEN ENZYME IS FULLY SATURATED?????.
IF YOU LOOK AT YOUR GRAPH A YOU CAN SEE THE CONC NEVER REACHES 0,SO EVEN THOUGH IT STARTS FROM 0 IT IS WRONG CAUSE IT DOES NOT REACH 0.HOPE YOU GET IT

Reaction score
IF YOU PLS LOOK VERYYYY CAREFULLY YOULL SEE THAT INDEED GRAPH STARTS FOM 0, I AGREE BUT I MEANT TO SAY IT CAN EVEN START FROM MAXIMUM WHEN ENZYME IS FULLY SATURATED?????.
IF YOU LOOK AT YOUR GRAPH A YOU CAN SEE THE CONC NEVER REACHES 0,SO EVEN THOUGH IT STARTS FROM 0 IT IS WRONG CAUSE IT DOES NOT REACH 0.HOPE YOU GET IT
Cool down bro:p