• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
See in option 2 apoplastic pathway is valid but y not in previous question? :cautious:

Attachments

• 20180601_143248.jpg
    20180601_143248.jpg
    837.3 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
See in option 2 apoplastic pathway is valid but y not in previous question? :cautious:
The only reason I can think of about the statement in previous question being wrong is that water and ions can move laterally as well from vessel to vessel via pits, which is not an apoplastic pathway maybe...so the statement that the ions take an apoplastic pathway 'only' will be wrong

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the mark scheme, the answer for this is D but I strongly think that it should be A and I think that in some previous paper, it has been marked as A
How can the es complexes' concentration be max at time zero? Initially it should be zero, then rise to max and then decreaseo_O

Attachments

• IMG_20180601_150054.JPG
    IMG_20180601_150054.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
In the mark scheme, the answer for this is D but I strongly think that it should be A and I think that in some previous paper, it has been marked as A
How can the es complexes' concentration be max at time zero? Initially it should be zero, then rise to max and then decreaseo_O
Yeah A is 100% correct what's wrong with the bio?? I did similar questions n always it's A B is for the products C is for the enzyme but what is for D?

Reaction score
Have u check the er?

Reaction score
Ig D is right bcoz here substrate used in excess mean within no time es complexes will formed whereas in A it do takes time

Reaction score
Ig D is right bcoz here substrate used in excess mean within no time es complexes will formed whereas in A it do takes time
No matter how much the substrate is in exess but still it will take SOME time to form the es complexes and upto some time the concentration will increase and then decrease

Reaction score
Bio is literally rediculous...I mean it has lammmeeeee logics, in some questions they apply a particular logic and in the other they apply some other:mad:

Reaction score
The only reason I can think of about the statement in previous question being wrong is that water and ions can move laterally as well from vessel to vessel via pits, which is not an apoplastic pathway maybe...so the statement that the ions take an apoplastic pathway 'only' will be wrong
This Hisham Khan

Reaction score
And D is pretty obvious for enzyme question as all enzyme substrate complex will change intro product.No rocket science I think.And they are telling you how conc of enzyme substrate complex changes over time not how it formed over time .

Reaction score
And D is pretty obvious for enzyme question as all enzyme substrate complex will change intro product.No rocket science I think.And they are telling you how conc of enzyme substrate complex changes over time not how it formed over time .
But it is pretty obvious that at time zero there would be no es complexes... From where on earth have they come from when there was no enzyme?

Reaction score
Ok if u think D is correct what abt A?

Reaction score
And one more thing...first es complexes will form and then they will break...this will happen with tym

Reaction score
But it is pretty obvious that at time zero there would be no es complexes... From where on earth have they come from when there was no enzyme?
Ok if u think D is correct what abt A?
Look A isin't correct because if you look carefully,you will see that the graph doesent reach 0.As conc of substrate is LITTLE in excess and enzyme remain unchanged no matter how many complexes form,there will be a tie when all substrate changes into product,all enzyme substrate complex changes into product and the graph is flat,y-axis value reaches 0.

Reaction score
Look A isin't correct because if you look carefully,you will see that the graph doesent reach 0.As conc of substrate is LITTLE in excess and enzyme remain unchanged no matter how many complexes form,there will be a tie when all substrate changes into product,all enzyme substrate complex changes into product and the graph is flat,y-axis value reaches 0.
maybe if something happened to enzymes the graph would be like a,for e.g it denatures so conc would not reach 0