• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I finished the past papers , but I feel like I should be practicing more questions , any advices please?

Reaction score
From 2003 to 2012 in p2 and from 2002 till 2012 in p1 and I'm sure what to do regarding that :/
okay so you are doing AS
  • Review each paper every week
  • Keep in touch with your chapters by reading summaries of them
  • If you have doubts, yes do post.
This is my advice to you. ^^ Good luck.

Reaction score
When the glucose concentration in the blood increase, as in diabetics, why is there less respiration? i mean like there's too much of glucose so glycolysis should b faster and all...
anyone?:cry: o_O :p

Reaction score
When the glucose concentration in the blood increase, as in diabetics, why is there less respiration? i mean like there's too much of glucose so glycolysis should b faster and all...
anyone?:cry: o_O :p
in a diabetic patient, insulin is not secreted or is secreted in less quantity, as a result, less glucose is converted to glycogen, glycolysis is the reverse of glucogenesis, less glucogenesis, so less glycogen present to be converted to glucose.hence less glucose uptake and less glucose is used in respiration. hope this helps

Reaction score
I finished the past papers , but I feel like I should be practicing more questions , any advices please?
i have some topicwise questions. they may help in revision

Attachments

• Cell Structure2_F.pdf
    653.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Biomolecules_F.pdf
    471.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Cell membrane & Transport_F.pdf
    475 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
okay so you are doing AS
  • Review each paper every week
  • Keep in touch with your chapters by reading summaries of them
  • If you have doubts, yes do post.
This is my advice to you. ^^ Good luck.
Thanks a lot , I will follow your advices :) and I'm going to post a new plan diagram soon XD hehe , do please comment on it my teacher :) hehe.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot , I will follow your advices :) and I'm going to post a new plan diagram soon XD hehe , do please comment on it my teacher :) hehe.
Sure, i will. it will be my pleasure dear to comment ^^. Please do, you have plenty of time, practice more of the diagrams. You can also call me sister. ;)

Reaction score
in a diabetic patient, insulin is not secreted or is secreted in less quantity, as a result, less glucose is converted to glycogen, glycolysis is the reverse of glucogenesis, less glucogenesis, so less glycogen present to be converted to glucose.hence less glucose uptake and less glucose is used in respiration. hope this helps
perfect answer (y)

Reaction score
Sure, i will. it will be my pleasure dear to comment ^^. Please do, you have plenty of time, practice more of the diagrams. You can also call me sister. ;)
Hey there sis :), ok so this Oct/Nov 34 or 31 variant in question two we are provided with a slide of a leaf and I drew the plan diagram of it , have you seen the slide? I hope you have. This is the other slide on the test paper and the nest one with how I answered , which I'm pretty sure was disastrous :/..

Attachments

• PLANG.jpg
    PLANG.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 6
  • ORIGN.jpg
    ORIGN.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Explain the source and importance of removing nitrogenous waste products
from the body.
deamination;
ref. to ornithine cycle ;
ref. to not all urea / produced each day / always some present ;
ref. to urea ;
ref. to creatinine and uric acid ;
and ammonium ions ;
produced in liver ;
continuously / from excess amino acids ;
toxic ;
if allowed to accumulate ;
ref. to potential damage to tissues ;
ref. to not all urea / that produced each day ;
cn someone explain me abt how uric acid cratinine and ammonium ions are excreted ....
Can any1 elaborate??

Reaction score
Hey there sis :), ok so this Oct/Nov 34 or 31 variant in question two we are provided with a slide of a leaf and I drew the plan diagram of it , have you seen the slide? I hope you have. This is the other slide on the test paper and the nest one with how I answered , which I'm pretty sure was disastrous :/..
Unfortunately i haven't seen the slide but it can be that i did it during an exam/test. Remind me of the year please so that i can give better comments. Here is what i see so far:
  • Your lines are neat but AVOID the breaks you did. Looks like u used an eraser to do this.
Tell me the year of the paper, it seems i have done something like this. please.
And page 10 part (b) its good (y)

Reaction score
please give me your comments :)
According to me:
  • The third inner line should have been more wavy.
  • The shape of your diagram is perfect
  • Neat lines
  • The circle inside (i guess you took your pencil and traced it), There is no such "big" space between the 2 tissues. If you give me the year of the paper, i can give you my version of the drawing.
  • The line after the circle is good, but i can't distinguish much because of the lines you drew.
  • I don't know about the description if it is correct coz i haven't seen the slide. sorry :p

Reaction score
Unfortunately i haven't seen the slide but it can be that i did it during an exam/test. Remind me of the year please so that i can give better comments. Here is what i see so far:
  • Your lines are neat but AVOID the breaks you did. Looks like u used an eraser to do this.
Tell me the year of the paper, it seems i have done something like this. please.
And page 10 part (b) its good (y)
I did the breaks because there was stomata so I didn't know what to do! It's 2012

Reaction score
According to me:
  • The third inner line should have been more wavy.
  • The shape of your diagram is perfect
  • Neat lines
  • The circle inside (i guess you took your pencil and traced it), There is no such "big" space between the 2 tissues. If you give me the year of the paper, i can give you my version of the drawing.
  • The line after the circle is good, but i can't distinguish much because of the lines you drew.
  • I don't know about the description if it is correct coz i haven't seen the slide. sorry :p
Thanks , so part b is fine ? there was air spaces inside the leaf so I didn't know what I'm supposed to do! what lines after the circle? the middle two I thought they were the xylem and phloem :p

Reaction score
ref. to creatinine and uric acid ;
and ammonium ions ;
cn someone explain me abt how uric acid cratinine and ammonium ions are excreted ....
Can any1 elaborate??

uric acid is one of the unwanted products of protein digestion. creatinine is produced in the muscles when ADP is reconverted to ATP, its done by removing the phosphate group from a molecule called creatine phosphate, when the ADP takes away the phosphate group it leaves behind creatinine which is the excretory molecule. and ammonium ions can be formed anywhere in the body i think. So all these molecules are present in the blood and enter the glomerular filtrate by ultrafiltration, and then they are excreted.