• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Thanks , so part b is fine ? there was air spaces inside the leaf so I didn't know what I'm supposed to do! what lines after the circle? the middle two I thought they were the xylem and phloem :p
I'll do the diagram and explain everything there.

Reaction score
I also have a question regarding respiration and oxygen debt. So when oxygen is not available, the pyruvate obtained from the glycolytic pathway does not enter the link reaction, right? Because of this, it is not combined with coenzyme A to form acetyl coenzyme A therefore the Krebs cycle will not start. So pyruvate will accept hydrogen to convert to lactate by the enzmye lactate dehydrogenase.

Some of this lactate will be oxidised when oxygen is available to CO2 and H2O. How will the rest of it from glycogen? Will it be converted to pyruvate and then to glucose and then to glycogen

Reaction score
what's da function of cytochrome oxidase in oxidative phosphorylation?
It is the last enzyme in the electron transport chain. It receives an electron to form an oxygen molecule which combines with 2 molecules of hydrogen to form water.
:)

Reaction score
can anyone help in this...........its frm may june 2009 question number 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Attachments

• sadsadasdsa.PNG
    sadsadasdsa.PNG
    26 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Any notes on biotechnology?

Can someone pls explain batch and continuous culture and y each is used?
Thanks

Reaction score
strangerss
I was trying to upload this since two days and now, finally i could. Well, have a look at my version of the drawing. I did it with pen but you do in pencil for clear photos. You'll see that mine is horizontal, not inclined as in the question paper, sorry for that because i didn't print the paper. Anyways, its the tissues which matter. You'll see also that which "line in the middle" i was talking about last time.
PhyZac Can you please make comments about her drawing please? Maybe another feedback will help her.
my version.JPG

Reaction score
can anyone help in this...........its frm may june 2009 question number 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
You were told a sample is taken at each hour for 20 hours. It means that, at the end of the 20th hour, you will have 20 samples for each culture system.
Now, you understand that you will have 20 samples for pH 4.0 and 20 samples for pH 5.2.
So, degrees of freedom, v = 20 + 20 - 2 = 38
Hope this helped and good luck (y)

Reaction score
strangerss
I was trying to upload this since two days and now, finally i could. Well, have a look at my version of the drawing. I did it with pen but you do in pencil for clear photos. You'll see that mine is horizontal, not inclined as in the question paper, sorry for that because i didn't print the paper. Anyways, its the tissues which matter. You'll see also that which "line in the middle" i was talking about last time.
PhyZac Can you please make comments about her drawing please? Maybe another feedback will help her.
View attachment 23111
Thank you so much for that , yeah you're version makes much more sense , I didn't know the shape of the tissues should also be drawn the same and apparently I drew the line in the middle wrongly. I think my doubts are clarified , thanks a lot :D so you're paper was 2012? what did you do regarding the stomata?

Reaction score
Thank you so much for that , yeah you're version makes much more sense , I didn't know the shape of the tissues should also be drawn the same and apparently I drew the line in the middle wrongly. I think my doubts are clarified , thanks a lot :D so you're paper was 2012? what did you do regarding the stomata?
Welcome dear. Yep the shape of the tissue should be drawn. Well I didn't do that variance paper, sorry.

Reaction score
Are there some specific diagrams I should know how to draw or in the exam I can have virtually anything?

Reaction score
Quick question
When answering questions that say with reference to a fig and there is a graph do we always hav to quote values when explaining the trend?

Reaction score
Quick question
When answering questions that say with reference to a fig and there is a graph do we always hav to quote values when explaining the trend?
yes, depending on the marks, u hv to quote 2-3 figs from the graph, n the relationship