• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Economics:

Reaction score
View attachment 36072

The Phillip's curve states that when the government tries to reduce the level of unemployment below that than natural unemployment rate, then due to this, inflation rises in an economy. This happens because when unemployment reduces, there is an increase in national income as more individuals are now employed and earn. This rises the aggregate demand for the economy which causes demand pull inflation.
However, there is a draw back of Phillip's curve and that is that sometimes, an economy experiences stagflation - a stiuation where unemployment is high and so is the rate of inflation - and phillip's curve does not define that.
Nice

Reaction score
Qamar Baloch

Discuss whether the average variable cost has any significance in a perfectly competitive
market structure in determining (i) the output produced by a firm and (ii) the profit of a firm.

Sir , can u please explain this question?

Reaction score
How does long run average cost curve indicate the minimum average cost at which each level of output can be produced???

Reaction score
Qamar Baloch

Discuss whether the average variable cost has any significance in a perfectly competitive
market structure in determining (i) the output produced by a firm and (ii) the profit of a firm.

Sir , can u please explain this question?
Thanks dear for your contribution to this forum. I will post the apprporiate answer very soon.

Reaction score
Thanks dear for your contribution to this forum. I will post the apprporiate answer very soon.
Average variable cost is of much significance in not only perfectly competitive market but also in other market sturctures as well because it sets the limit for the firm to remain in the market and continue production. whenever, the firm's output and price is such that its AR cannot cover its AVC then the firm would shut down. so to avoid shut down firm's need to keep an eye on average variable cost (AVC). furthermore, firm's short run supply curve is that part of marginal cost which lies above minimum of AVC. so, we come to know that its really very important in perfect competition.

Reaction score
Average variable cost is of much significance in not only perfectly competitive market but also in other market sturctures as well because it sets the limit for the firm to remain in the market and continue production. whenever, the firm's output and price is such that its AR cannot cover its AVC then the firm would shut down. so to avoid shut down firm's need to keep an eye on average variable cost (AVC). furthermore, firm's short run supply curve is that part of marginal cost which lies above minimum of AVC. so, we come to know that its really very important in perfect competition.
thankyou, Sir. But can you elaborate the next statement which starts from "Furthermore".

Reaction score
Ok dear. watch this thread in the 1st week of April. You may also post your problems here if you have any doubts. All of the group members will try to solve those problems at the first priority.

Yes sure
I thnk few months ago i posted sum doubts bt i ddnt get any replies