• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Economics:

Reaction score
Sir, how many words should our answer should be for the 8 marks question and the 12 mark question, just to give me an idea, i know the quality is the main point. Yet the word count show possess some value.
Its always a very difficult question to answer for teachers. there is a wide variety of questions. let suppose we have the question posted above if you explain scarcity in 3 lines then it will almost cosist of 27 words. then the second part may cosist of 20 words. again graph will take some space and then explanation of the graph will consist of about 40 words. then another graph will take some space and again it explanation will teke 40 words. at the end your your conclusion will take about 30 words. in this way the total number of words will be 27+20+40+40+30= 157 words.

On the other hand if the examiner asks the question regarding mixed economy then words limit may extend to 300 words for 8 marks. therefore, its not possible to limit the number of words or pages. The main thing is you have to cover all the elements of the question to get full marks. if you miss its any part you lose marks.
Hope you can understand what I am trying to explain.
Wish you good luck!

Reaction score
I wish all of you very best of luck!
Kindly do share you experience of tomorrow's paper when it is over. espacially do post the questions which did come in the paper.

Reaction score
Thank you so much Mr Qamar Baloch.. your prediction on the economics p2 was accurate! 2 out of 3 questions were on your predictions..

So will you please post the prediction questions for the economics p4 :):)...

Reaction score
Paper 4 Guess will be sent on email address. therefore, be quick to send the request to get it timely.

Reaction score
Sir your predictions were correct, thanks.

Hey guys, how did you find the exam? Which essay question did you choose?