• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

"A-Level exams are finally going to get harder" -CIE

Are we dead?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
CIE said that A level students are getting too much of good grades recently so has decided to increase the difficulty. Here is the official video

I know some of you might say this only applies for UK but incase you didn't know A Levels is the same worldwide unlike IG and GCSE
ok

Reaction score
It says: "I am increasingly concerned that current A level- though they have much to commend them-fall short of commanding the level of confidence we would like to see"
Well this means that these regulatory boards have never heard of the Pakistani style of education ie F.A and F.sc
If someone could just show our system to Michael Glove, he'd take his words back and commend CIE for the great examining body it is:p

Reaction score
O. M. G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT WIKIPEDIA YOU TWAT I SSAID THAT LIKE 50 TIMES
wikipedia is mentioning it generally as GCE dont u get it -.............-
Guys stop arguing, heres the truth. UK students sit for GCE A levels too, but very few take CIE GCE A levels. Edexcel and many other boards such as AQA and OCR offer GCE A Levels also.
Example:
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/Edexcel/Advanced Level/Mathematics/2009 Jan/jan 2009 qp.pdf
Check this out too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GCE_Advanced_Level#Examination_boards
roadtrip909 was kinda correct, so unicorn you owe him an apology for being very rude

Reaction score
This is actually quite good. Since, most students don't concern themselves with learning, and just aim to passing the exam with practicing the past papers. Now students will fully embrace all the information in the syllabus! :)

Reaction score
EdExcel's marking is a bit tough but their papers of A levels are a lot easier, CIE already has a high standard. EdExcel needs to improve its a level difficulty anyways. Compare phy p1, p2 with a level phy p2 or maths p1 with c1, c2 you'll realize the difference

Reaction score
U should mind your language
Show respect please
Every1 is opn to express his/her views
To judge ppl on their age is nt a big thing, many older people are dumb and brain less while youngers are brainy and vice verse
Peace peopleeee

i am not judging him by brain power he said he applied to uni so he wouldn't be in high school but he won't stop b*tchign

Reaction score
Guys stop arguing, heres the truth. UK students sit for GCE A levels too, but very few take CIE GCE A levels. Edexcel and many other boards such as AQA and OCR offer GCE A Levels also.
Example:
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/Edexcel/Advanced Level/Mathematics/2009 Jan/jan 2009 qp.pdf
Check this out too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GCE_Advanced_Level#Examination_boards
roadtrip909 was kinda correct, so unicorn you owe him an apology for being very rude

A-level examinations are administered through a series of examination boards. These are the 5 GCE Examining Groups and Boards ("British Council Australia Education UK"). These were originally based on the major UK universities but have over the last 50 years merged into five very large organisations: AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC and CCEA. Some of these boards also offer A-levels to international students, specifically Edexcel. Another large organization which offers GCE qualifications for international students only is CIE. OCR and CIE are both branches of the parent organization, Cambridge Assessment. In the UK it is customary for schools to register with multiple examination boards and to "mix and match" A-levels to get a combined curriculum that fits the school profile

i said it polietly but he pushed me to the limits and i said if you don't like this thread leave it and don't annoy me but he decided to be the idiot and keep annoying me i made this forum so that people should know what they could expect and not to slack in studies BUT NOOOO that idiot decided to come in and troll us

Reaction score
CIE is more (not entirely, mind you) of an international standard than Edexcel, which is based alot in the UK. You can go through this . 8th comment.
This is more of a pointless argument just because it was not specified which board or all. And this won't probably happen till when a new syllabus comes. (which I think is next year :p )
On a safe note: study harder! Seeing how the transitions in student mentality is going through the schools, I dont see a problem to trying to get them to work hard.

Reaction score
CIE is more (not entirely, mind you) of an international standard than Edexcel, which is based alot in the UK. You can go through this . 8th comment.
This is more of a pointless argument just because it was not specified which board or all. And this won't probably happen till when a new syllabus comes. (which I think is next year :p )
On a safe note: study harder! Seeing how the transitions in student mentality is going through the schools, I dont see a problem to trying to get them to work hard.

yes CIE is international but what i have been saying is that CIE alevel and edexcel alevel is the same

Reaction score
yes CIE is international but what i have been saying is that CIE alevel and edexcel alevel is the same
i have topped in my examinations in Riyadh .. and as u said ur judging me on my brain size .. a level edexcel and a level of CIE are not the same ... just take one difference for one example if u get a bad grade in one paper in Cie ur whole grade is effected leading you to repeat the entire subject ... but if u do bad in just one paper in edexcel (unit) u just need to repeat THAT unit ...

Reaction score
^ use approprite language !!!!
U hav no ryt to use abusive language here
Check out the rules please

Status
Not open for further replies.