• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A LEVEL (or) AS LEVEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi everybody .!
please recomend me what to do A level or AS level and why .!

Reaction score
AS and A levels at the same time.
This is because if u do A levels then AS will be like a piece of cake so u can score good!

Reaction score
yeah i know AS and A level is same but many of my fellows are saying that AS reduces BURDEN .!
so just confused bout that .!

Reaction score
It really does but there's no point of doing it with less experince and less practise!

Reaction score
My school didnt allow us to do it one session =s !! Can tell you after my results whether it was good to give AS first :p

Reaction score
It's better to go for Complete A levels.
Firstly, the weightage of the papers is comparatively lower than AS level only. This benefits you.
Secondly, Concepts of As are revised in A2. Specially physics, chemistry. So it'll be better if you'll be knowing the As knowledge also.

Reaction score
mista.lova.lova said:
total agreement wid zahra....
what r u gonna do of less burden if u get bad grades in AS?? :eek:

Rather it would be a tension :p , and the fear will overcome u!

Reaction score
i m doin pres medical bt want to take maths as well so cn i do lyk dis for maths dat takin only AS maths

Reaction score
well it depends on ur own aptitude. if ur very good student, then it seriously doesnt matter if u give A level or AS.
But if ur avg/above avg student, then i say go for Maths n Physics (and any other subject u have, except chem) AS. dont ever think of giving AS of chemistry. good luck!

Reaction score
well... starting from practical, most of the time u get practicals which involve concepts which are in A2. so u increase ur chance of doing good if u have done A2 syllabus.
secondly u get approx 35% paper from the AS syllabus so, it means u have to study AS and A2 both while preparing for p4. n if ur doing so, there's no point left in giving AS.
btw, i took AS n A2 separately, n dats what i xperienced. some may disagree with me!

mak

Reaction score
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH U JAZIB...
Nd now though i gave AS and A2 separately nd i got straight As in AS level but yet man chem was a big problem in A2 .. we have to do AS again :/ nd now after alvlz these entry tests :/ u have to study all that AS level again to prepare for entry tests .... so its much better if u do ALevels in one go... u have a sound grip on everything and everything is fresh in ur mind when u go for entry tests...

Reaction score
Jazib said:
well... starting from practical, most of the time u get practicals which involve concepts which are in A2. so u increase ur chance of doing good if u have done A2 syllabus.
secondly u get approx 35% paper from the AS syllabus so, it means u have to study AS and A2 both while preparing for p4. n if ur doing so, there's no point left in giving AS.
btw, i took AS n A2 separately, n dats what i xperienced. some may disagree with me!

It's actually that A2 has As concepts repeated......Not that As has A2 concepts.

Reaction score
Axa saleem said:
Jazib said:

It's actually that A2 has As concepts repeated......Not that As has A2 concepts.
I mentioned that thing about practicals only! e.g i got a question asking rate equations last year in AS which i had to leave blank.
whereas it was a piece of cake for A2 students.

Status
Not open for further replies.