• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Statistics doubt??Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
" The masses of articles produced in a particular workshop are normally distributed with mean 51.3 g and standard deviation 20.5 g. Find the symmetrical limits, about the mean, within which 75% of the masses lie."

someone PLEASE explain!:confused:
[ans: a=27.7 , b=74.9]

Reaction score
i was jst confused with the statement (and also to have the same number of roses and lilies ) ........ btw i m really thnkfull to u .... u r pretty good hope u get straight A :D ..... unlike me who didnt study fr the whole year :p

Reaction score
plz some one how to do this
it will be so nice

A team of 4 is to be randomly chosen from 3 boys and 5 girls. The random variable X is the number
of girls in the team. Draw up a probability distribution table for X.

Reaction score
(iii) Mutually exclusive events are those which do not contain any shared events i.e nothing common between the two.
If you look closely, the product of two numbers can not be 24 (Event Q) if both the numbers are greater than 8 (Event R). Hence, they are exclusive!

(iv) If two events are independent, P(Q and R) = P(Q) X P(R).
In this case, P(Q and R) = 0, since they are exclusive, and P(Q) X P(R) = 1/24 X 1/9 = 1/216.
P(Q and R) ≠ P(Q) X P(R).
Therefore, they are not independent. :)

Thanks a lot for that mate!! Jazak Allah!

Reaction score

Here c from every data 45 has been deducted so here also from 29 u deduct 45 n so u get -16 ok...
now add this -16 to -148 so u get the new value for Summation of (x-45)!
now add square of this value to summation of (x-45)^2
u get a new value for it!
Now use them in d sd formula as b4! bt nw n=37!

Hope i cud b helpful! N sorry 4 l8 reply ma comp was hanged (well not literally) :p!

Reaction score
Here c from every data 45 has been deducted so here also from 29 u deduct 45 n so u get -16 ok...
now add this -16 to -148 so u get the new value for Summation of (x-45)!
now add square of this value to summation of (x-45)^2
u get a new value for it!
Now use them in d sd formula as b4! bt nw n=37!

Hope i cud b helpful! N sorry 4 l8 reply ma comp was hanged (well not literally) :p!
how in the world do u think up of this stuf :O

Reaction score
how in the world do u think up of this stuf :O

Oh its just i had practised this b4! Nthing else! Just hope i cn think clearly during xam! Cz i screwed up P3 by getting blank in xam hall! :(

Btwn any idea hw to know the lower class boundary fron a cumulative frequency table when u r given </=100 in the first column example in Q.6 here: http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...S Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_w11_qp_61.pdf

I knw that for </=150 the range wil b 100.5-150.5 but i cnt work out the first range!! :(

Reaction score
Oh its just i had practised this b4! Nthing else! Just hope i cn think clearly during xam! Cz i screwed up P3 by getting blank in xam hall! :(

Btwn any idea hw to know the lower class boundary fron a cumulative frequency table when u r given </=100 in the first column example in Q.6 here: http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_w11_qp_61.pdf

I knw that for </=150 the range wil b 100.5-150.5 but i cnt work out the first range!! :(
dw you will do great well to find out lower class boundry <=100 that means if this is the first quantity then it will be like 0-100 but if there was also <=50 then 51-100 i think

Reaction score
Guys.. I need some help!

I don't understand how to figure out the lower and upper boundaries of the 2 different sets of data below:

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_s11_qp_61.pdf
Qn no. 6. What are the boundaries of the data?

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_s11_qp_63.pdf
Qn no. 3. What about this one?

I'll really appreciate your help asap.

I'm re-posting this.. anyone?

Reaction score