• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Statistics doubt??Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
could u plzz jst explain me a bit more in detail i m confused a bit ... if u dont mind
The times taken to play Beethoven’s Sixth Symphony can be assumed to have a normal distribution
with mean 41.1 minutes and standard deviation 3.4 minutes. Three occasions on which this symphony
is played are chosen at random.
(i) Find the probability that the symphony takes longer than 42 minutes to play on exactly 1 of these
occasions.
no need to take .5 into account since no use of binomial here
However
Ana meets her friends once every day. For each day the probability that she is early is 0.05 and the
probability that she is late is 0.75. Otherwise she is on time.
(i) Find the probability that she is on time on fewer than 20 of the next 96 days
in this question need find mean/sd with binomial formula mean(96*0.2) and sd=root(96*.2.8)
so x is <19.5

Reaction score
plz someone do this question
i did this but i want to ask something :)

The random variable X is normally distributed. The mean is twice the standard deviation. It is
given that P(X > 5.2) = 0.9. Find the standard deviation.

Reaction score
and also some one plz explain this
it will be so nice :)

A normal distribution has mean µ and standard deviation σ. If 800 observations are taken from
this distribution, how many would you expect to be between µ −σ and µ +σ?

Reaction score
i
plz someone do this question
i did this but i want to ask something :)

The random variable X is normally distributed. The mean is twice the standard deviation. It is
given that P(X > 5.2) = 0.9. Find the standard deviation.
i did this and got s.d as 1.58

Reaction score
i
i did this and got s.d as 1.58
i got 0.828 but correct answer is 7.24. In mark scheme they are getting -1.281 but i m getting it 1.281. I just want to know that y we have to consider negative sign here

Reaction score
and when we assume unknnown value normal distriution chap how we geet to knw that value is postiv or neg/?
e.g let p(Z>a) = 0.25 and t is positive, hw do we knw that?anyone plzz