• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Statistics doubt??Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Firstly, you are supposed to compare the medians of both the countries as a measure of central tendency.
1/2 of 900 = 450. To find the median, draw a horizontal line from the 450th point on the vertical axis until it meets the curve. Then move down from that point until it reaches the x-axis. Read the point on the x-axis.. this becomes the median!

Secondly, you are supposed to find the interquartile range for both countries to compare the measure of spread. You must be knowing that interquartile range = upper quartile - lower quartile. To find both the quartiles, do the same as you did for the median but using the values 3/4 x 900 = 675 for the upper quartile and 1/4 x 900 = 225 for the lower quartile. Read the values from the x-axis (as you did for the median) and subtract.

Lastly, just make a conclusion:
The babies of country B are heavier because they have a greater median, the weights of country B are more spread due to a greater interquartile range.

Hope that helped :)

Reaction score
see we have only two outcomes either a head or tail
and we have tossed 12 times so no. of outcomes^no. of experiment done
hope u understand
do we have anymore of these kind of formulas tht could really help me ?? it would be a great help if u could help.... :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
(iii) Mutually exclusive events are those which do not contain any shared events i.e nothing common between the two.
If you look closely, the product of two numbers can not be 24 (Event Q) if both the numbers are greater than 8 (Event R). Hence, they are exclusive!

(iv) If two events are independent, P(Q and R) = P(Q) X P(R).
In this case, P(Q and R) = 0, since they are exclusive, and P(Q) X P(R) = 1/24 X 1/9 = 1/216.
P(Q and R) ≠ P(Q) X P(R).
Therefore, they are not independent. :)

Reaction score
" The masses of articles produced in a particular workshop are normally distributed with mean 51.3 g and standard deviation 20.5 g. Find the symmetrical limits, about the mean, within which 75% of the masses lie."

someone PLEASE explain!:confused:
[ans: a=27.7 , b=74.9]

Reaction score
i was jst confused with the statement (and also to have the same number of roses and lilies ) ........ btw i m really thnkfull to u .... u r pretty good hope u get straight A :D ..... unlike me who didnt study fr the whole year :p