• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A levels Private Candidate

Reaction score
Hey guys, hope everyone's doing well. So i'm giving my As privately this May/June 2016 in subjects of Bio, Chem and Phys. I've literally heard everything there is about how privately doing A levels is a bad decision. Stuff about how CIE management doesn't grade private students equally, is lax in markings of regular students. I've heard their practical examinations are straight up graded a U, because examiners don't bother with privates. Honestly, at this point if someone tells me private candidates are made to dress up as clowns to the Examination Center, i wouldn't be surprised. :p

I do understand that a lot of this is not true, but i still would like to hear the reviews about doing A levels privately from this community. What are the draw backs? How can I minimize them? I'm MashaAllah, a good student, my Olevel result was Alhamdullilah great, so i don't want to take risks here. I've had bad experiences with school teachers throughout my Os and coaching/academies have up till this point provided me with the best help, which is why i decided to learn the course from these teachers rather than go to school and remain unsatisfied and ultimately stressed.

Kindly help a fellow student in need :p. if there are any private students here who have completed or are in the process of completing their A levels in any one of these subjects, i'd love to hear your experience. Did studying at home make you guys lazy, because keeping up a schedule can become difficult in home environment I've heard. Did you guys face problems in registration? In your practical examinations? Because that particular aspect of A levels is completely new.

Stress level is high, plz reply to this guys.
Jazakallah!

Reaction score
Hey guys, hope everyone's doing well. So i'm giving my As privately this May/June 2016 in subjects of Bio, Chem and Phys. I've literally heard everything there is about how privately doing A levels is a bad decision. Stuff about how CIE management doesn't grade private students equally, is lax in markings of regular students. I've heard their practical examinations are straight up graded a U, because examiners don't bother with privates. Honestly, at this point if someone tells me private candidates are made to dress up as clowns to the Examination Center, i wouldn't be surprised. :p

I do understand that a lot of this is not true, but i still would like to hear the reviews about doing A levels privately from this community. What are the draw backs? How can I minimize them? I'm MashaAllah, a good student, my Olevel result was Alhamdullilah great, so i don't want to take risks here. I've had bad experiences with school teachers throughout my Os and coaching/academies have up till this point provided me with the best help, which is why i decided to learn the course from these teachers rather than go to school and remain unsatisfied and ultimately stressed.

Kindly help a fellow student in need :p. if there are any private students here who have completed or are in the process of completing their A levels in any one of these subjects, i'd love to hear your experience. Did studying at home make you guys lazy, because keeping up a schedule can become difficult in home environment I've heard. Did you guys face problems in registration? In your practical examinations? Because that particular aspect of A levels is completely new.

Stress level is high, plz reply to this guys.
Jazakallah!

Hey...!!!! Since am also a private candidate and gonna appear in this October session for my A2. I have'nt heard about anything like EXAMINERS DON"T BOTHER WITH PRIVATES. Many of my friends appear for theri CIE's as a private candidate and they have scored great results :)
Studying in home gives me more time to focus on every part of my syllabus. It completely depends upon an individual how they manage their schedule :)
Coming to registrations... I have'nt face any problems yet :) It's easy to register yourself as a private candidate

Reaction score
Hey...!!!! Since am also a private candidate and gonna appear in this October session for my A2. I have'nt heard about anything like EXAMINERS DON"T BOTHER WITH PRIVATES. Many of my friends appear for theri CIE's as a private candidate and they have scored great results :)
Studying in home gives me more time to focus on every part of my syllabus. It completely depends upon an individual how they manage their schedule :)
Coming to registrations... I have'nt face any problems yet :) It's easy to register yourself as a private candidate
i miss-typed 2016 there, it's 2017. Thanks a lot for replying aqsach! Which subjects did you choose for your Alevels? Glad to hear that registration process is simple. Mind giving me an outline of it? :)

Reaction score
i miss-typed 2016 there, it's 2017. Thanks a lot for replying aqsach! Which subjects did you choose for your Alevels? Glad to hear that registration process is simple. Mind giving me an outline of it? :)
Currently am gonna appear for 2 subjects Business and Urdu this session :)
Registrations process is simple you simply need to visit Britishcouncil.pk for your registration. Entire information regarding registration is available there :)

Reaction score
Currently am gonna appear for 2 subjects Business and Urdu this session :)
Registrations process is simple you simply need to visit Britishcouncil.pk for your registration. Entire information regarding registration is available there :)
Thanks!!

Reaction score
Hi do you have notes on Business to share please. I have also took Business as Main

Reaction score
I am also a private candidate thinking of taking CIE A level Physics this autumn. Has anyone taken the practical papers of this exam (3 and 5) without prior laboratory experience?