• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Biology | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
cn smone give me a good sentence for the point regarding assisted reproduction in conserving endangered species

Reaction score
what does the mnarking scheme mean when it says.....ethical role in sustaining indigenous people.....please be quick

Reaction score
here is my guess;cnsidering previous papers
EXCRETION.....
FEREMENTER,batch/continuous culture,penicillin production
biodiversity meaning,reasons for mantaining it,
interpretation of action and absorption spectra,
gm crop,golden rice,BT maize/inbreeding in maize+polyploidy in wheat
chi square test,dihybrid

question related to isolating mechanisms and natural selction for section B......
dats more or less d entire syllabus nah lol:p

Reaction score
how to include genetic drift in the answer of isolating mechanisms and natural selection?
genetic drift leads to random changes in allele frequencies over time (just due to chance of passing certian alleles more than others without any reaosn....just due to pure chance.....seemed to me a quite VAGUE idea)e

Reaction score
what are the cultural ethical economic and moral reasons for maintaining biodiversity?
it is important for us to preserve biodiversity for future genration to come.........some people belive that these species like us have also a right to extinct and we have no right whatsoever to make them extinct(or kill them)

Reaction score
cn smone give me a good sentence for the point regarding assisted reproduction in conserving endangered species

Reaction score
well what could be disadvantages of cross pollination?
why we can use smaller vessels for continuos culture bt not for batch culture.....
why is ti easier to monitor temperature,ph etc in batch culture rather than CC

Reaction score
well what could be disadvantages of cross pollination?
why we can use smaller vessels for continuos culture bt not for batch culture.....
why is ti easier to monitor temperature,ph etc in batch culture rather than CC

Disadvantages of cross pollination..
when alleles are passed onto the wild when a weed cross pollinates with a crop plant which has been genetically modified... and hence herbicides are no longer effective on weeds coz they may have the resistant gene..

Smaller vessels can be used because products are continuously being harvested and nutrients are continuously being added..no down time and not harvested in batches..

Reaction score

Artificial Insemination being carried out...and the fertilized embryos then being implanted in surrogate mothers which might even be of a different species..

Reaction score
can anyone explain to me about recombinant DNA technology in synthesis of human insulin by bacteria. i am a bit confused with the concept. thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!

Describe the main structural features of an ATP molecule.

1. a nucleotide ;
2. with three phosphate groups ;
3. an organic / nitrogenous base / adenine ;
4. a pentose sugar / ribose ;
5. ref. ester linkages / covalent bonds ;
ATP is a nucleotide. It consists of adenine (an organic base) and ribose (a pentose sugar). This is combined with three phosphate groups to make ATP.
What about the last ms point? How do I include it in my answer? :unsure:

Reaction score
EXPLAIN THE ROLE OF ISOLATING MECHANISM IN EVOLUTION OF NEW SPECIE?
WHY VARIATION IS IMPORTANT IN SELECTION?
HOW ALL ORGANISMS CAN POTENTIALLY OVERPRODUCE?

PLEASE WRITE EXPLAINED ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTION IN PARAGRAPH FORM.ACTUALLY I HAVE SEEN MARK SCHEME POINT ON THESE QUESTIONS BUT IM UNABLE 2 CONSOLIDATE THEM INTO A PARAGRAPH BECAUSE IM NOT MUCH CLEAR WITH THIS TOPIC..PLEASE HELP ME OUT..TOMORROW IS MY ALEVEL BIOLOGY PAPER 4 EXAM....THANKS!