• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Biology | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
section A seemed more of a general knowledge ppr than a bio paper it was full of application questions and was so lengthy :( i hope the GT is low :(

Reaction score
Yea, it was unusual. Alhumdulillah it went fairly well tho, I got a little stuck on one or two things and it was so long! I finished with only 5 minutes to spare. :s I hope everyone's papers went well. :)

Reaction score
Alsalam 3alakom :)
On the instruction page they told us to select the question we answered in section B on the first page, I forgot to mark it :$ . So will that make a difference or will they still check it?

KRS

Reaction score
Yea, it was unusual. Alhumdulillah it went fairly well tho, I got a little stuck on one or two things and it was so long! I finished with only 5 minutes to spare. :s I hope everyone's papers went well. :)

Are you talking about paper 41?

Reaction score
section A seemed more of a general knowledge ppr than a bio paper it was full of application questions and was so lengthy :( i hope the GT is low :(
ya every1 says it was lenghty...and more of application and thinking was needed...but we were not having that much time to think so much...but overalll Alhamdullilah it was good...:)

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Mary Jones says auxin is transported from the tips of growing roots and shoots back down to the stem, or up the root, by active transport from cell to cell, and also to a lesser extent in phloem sap.

In June 2008 ms says diffusion :s whats correct?
15 IAA / plant growth regulator ;
16 synthesised in, growing tips / apical buds / meristems ;
17 moves by diffusion ;
18 from cell to cell ;
19 also, mass flow / in phloem ;
20 stimulates cell elongation ; R cell enlargement
21 inhibits, side / lateral, buds / growth ; A inhibits branching
22 plant grows, upwards / taller ; A stem elongates
23 IAA / auxin, not solely responsible ;
24 interaction between IAA and other plant growth regulators ;
25 AVP ; e.g. role of ABA and lateral bud inhibition
26 AVP ; e.g. cytokinins antagonistic to IAA / gibberellins enhance IAA

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Mary Jones says auxin is transported from the tips of growing roots and shoots back down to the stem, or up the root, by active transport from cell to cell, and also to a lesser extent in phloem sap.

In June 2008 ms says diffusion :s whats correct?
15 IAA / plant growth regulator ;
16 synthesised in, growing tips / apical buds / meristems ;
17 moves by diffusion ;
18 from cell to cell ;
19 also, mass flow / in phloem ;
20 stimulates cell elongation ; R cell enlargement
21 inhibits, side / lateral, buds / growth ; A inhibits branching
22 plant grows, upwards / taller ; A stem elongates
23 IAA / auxin, not solely responsible ;
24 interaction between IAA and other plant growth regulators ;
25 AVP ; e.g. role of ABA and lateral bud inhibition
26 AVP ; e.g. cytokinins antagonistic to IAA / gibberellins enhance IAA
both r corrct....they mean the same thing...auxin where ever its prodused it has to reach the stem to inhibit lateral bud formation...

Reaction score
AOA!I also forgot to write in the grid which question i answered(9 or 10) so will they still mark my answer?plz reply quickly

Reaction score
AOA!I also forgot to write in the grid which question i answered(9 or 10) so will they still mark my answer?plz reply quickly
i think it wont matter cz both da questions r dfrnt so acording 2 ur asnwer it will b obvious but @least tell ur homeroom about it

Reaction score
I also did the same thing, I hope they do mark it, its just one circle but costs 15 marks!!!!!!

Reaction score
ok all da variant 1's , best of luck,h0pe evry1s ppr g0es awsum IA
"ya ALLAH dont make me 4gt anything there :( "