• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
the signal is a sine wave, so it has is like one wave.. which has a min and a max, which will cause a region of high frequency when its a maximum and a region of low frequency when its a min.
Hence at 12 us frquency is min i.e a trough on the signal wave, at 4 us , frequency is min i.e trough on the signal wave. From trough to trough, its one signal wave.

Reaction score
From the application booklet,
"There is a continuous distribution of wavelengths with a
sharp cut-off at short wavelength and also a series of high-intensity spikes that are characteristic of the
target material."
I dont get the difference between the "sharp cut-offs" and the "high intensity peaks" since according to the text, they are different things! :S

Reaction score
sharp cut-off at short wavelength and also a series of high-intensity spikes that are characteristic of the
target material."
I dont get the difference between the "sharp cut-offs" and the "high intensity peaks" since according to the text, they are different things! :S
Assalamoalaikum wr wb
Check the notes from XPFMember...that has that graph and the answers to the different features of the graph...may be that'll help..

Reaction score
target material."
sharp cut-off at short wavelength is due towhen e give all their energy to photon and this is min wavelenght
whereas "high intensity peaks are when e are excited n then deexcited hope u understood the d/f

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb
Check the notes from XPFMember...that has that graph and the answers to the different features of the graph...may be that'll help..
link plz?
sharp cut-off at short wavelength is due towhen e give all their energy to photon and this is min wavelenght
whereas "high intensity peaks are when e are excited n then deexcited hope u understood the d/f
I know that, but I mean I cant differentiate between them on the graph!

Reaction score
target material."
watch this

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

need help with frequency modulation :( plzz...

and also i dont get the sidebands part in the amplitude modulation...!! :(

Reaction score
plz explain wo9 p41 q 6 b i
and q7 b i n ii
Assalamoalaikum wr wb once again..
wel this is what i understand...
usse right hand grip rule to get the field direction ...it would be anticlockwise...(circular)

so the points gonna be to the left of that current...

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb once again..
wel this is what i understand...
usse right hand grip rule to get the field direction ...it would be anticlockwise...(circular)

so the points gonna be to the left of that current...
walkum aslam.
thanx nd wht abt that alternating voltage. how to draw on that graph????
jazak Allah

Reaction score
walkum aslam.
thanx nd wht abt that alternating voltage. how to draw on that graph????
jazak Allah
wa eyyakum..
half wave rectification...
with height reduced i think...[dont rremember why..if u get to know..lemme know tooo..]
and in one it'll be only the positive part and no negative part...'
in the second it'll be only the negative part not the positve...u can see this when yo look in the diagram and see how they're gonna work..as the input is ac..it'll be one time up one is positive..and then negative..and goes on..

btw need help with frequency modulation :( plzz...

Reaction score
wa eyyakum..
half wave rectification...
with height reduced i think...[dont rremember why..if u get to know..lemme know tooo..]
and in one it'll be only the positive part and no negative part...'
in the second it'll be only the negative part not the positve...u can see this when yo look in the diagram and see how they're gonna work..as the input is ac..it'll be one time up one is positive..and then negative..and goes on..

btw need help with frequency modulation :( plzz...

i still didnt get it..:( can you put a sketch of it over here...

and wht do you want to knw abt frquency modulation and sidebands?? p.s i dont knw much abt them too