• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
The question asks to show the final analogue signal. Because you people are showing the digital signal, so that's wrong. Convert the binary numbers to decimal numbers and join the points by making a curve.
not all the information is recovered when converted to analogue that's why it will not be a curve.

Reaction score
The question asks to show the final analogue signal. Because you people are showing the digital signal, so that's wrong. Convert the binary numbers to decimal numbers and join the points by making a curve.[/quo
bro it is corrrect

Reaction score
9702_w10_qp_42.pdf
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w10_qp_42.pdf
can someone help me with Q2 b part(iii)??

Reaction score
For Q1 the primary charge is 1.6x10^-19 becase all the values are integral multiples of 1.6x10^-19
for Q2 b (ii) you have to substitute density=Nm/V into the equation given and get the value of <c^2>. do square root to get r.m.s. value.
the answer should be 500.
the problem is that all values are NOT integral multiples exactly !!!

Reaction score
help me with may/june 09 p4 q6 part c..
well see F=BIL......since B and L have not changed F is proportional to I.and F=mg......so m is proprtional to I since g is a constant.now the tricky part alternating current means it ll be changing direction so in one half reading will increase while for the other half it will decrease......so if i increase the current by a factor of sqrt(2) reading shud increase by the same factor,.......to make allowance for the reverse direction multiply 2.3sqrt(2) with 2

Reaction score
Reaction score
well i have some doubts in communication chapter.........what has bandwidth to do with quality cos i always thought it has to do with the transmission capacity....if u have got high bandwidth u cn transmit more information.....bt books and ms says fm has greater bandwidth so greater quality........................
secondly one ms says for sky waves that poor reception in hilly areas......while question said why we made a switch from ionospheric reflection to space waves using satellites......now the doubt in my mind is that tthe space waves are of even shorter wavelengths so they are essentially line os sight,,,,isnt it
anyone????
State what is meant by the photoelectric effect?

Reaction score
the problem is that all values are NOT integral multiples exactly !!!
yea the values are not exact but they are approximate. for example when you do (2nd value-1st value) you get a multiple of elementary charge.
i guess they only need approximate values

Reaction score
for p to q its simple p times delta v. for last part make use of the fact that total change in internal energy is ZERO.cos u end up at the same p v values from where u started.....alternatively u cud make use of the formula 3/2 pv (i.e internal energy of ideal gas)
...so for the last change workdone should be -480 J and increase in internal energy is 0?
Thank You!

Reaction score
anyone????
State what is meant by the photoelectric effect?
Photoelectric effect is the process where electrons are emitted from a cold metal surface when electromagnetic radiation of sufficient frequency falls on it.
It is used to show the particulate nature of particles / electrons...

Reaction score
oh...
no i didnt mean to hurt you :( I'm sorry!!!

So how did you study for applications?
Now now, lets not get dramatical :p Im not hurt :D
Uhmm I have an endorsed Cambridge book, by David Sang , graham jones, richard woodside and gurinder chadha.