• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
The ultrasound image
clearly shows the baby's skin and some bones.
Explain why these show up clearly while softer
organs inside its body do not.
those soft organs absorb all or the ultrasound is completely transmitted without any reflection. For any image to be formed there must be some reflection at the boundary of that organ.

Reaction score
June 2002 question 6 (a)
diagram please :)

Attachments

• 9702_s02_ms_4.pdf
    65 KB · Views: 26
  • 9702_s02_qp_4.pdf
    102.5 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
helpful
Two consecutive peaks in an ultrasound A-scan
are separated by a time interval of 0.034 ms.
Calculate the distance between the two
reflecting surfaces. (Assume that the speed of
sound in the tissue between the two surfaces
is 1540ms-I.)
Explain why ultrasound cannot readily be used
to examine the brain. Suggest an alterrıative
scanning techniquels) that can be used for this
i have a very strong feeling that such a question will cum this tym

Attachments

• kl.PNG
    kl.PNG
    217.6 KB · Views: 29
  • jk.PNG
    jk.PNG
    158 KB · Views: 30
Reaction score
Suggest and explain why there is not a continuous bombardment of old satellites colliding with Earth

Reaction score
Suggest and explain why there is not a continuous bombardment of old satellites colliding with Earth
well it will burn up in the atmosphere due to great friction at such high speeds......i remeber this from last year when one of satellite was on verge of colliding bt waas torn to pieces due to huge air resistanceee

Reaction score
well i have some doubts in communication chapter.........what has bandwidth to do with quality cos i always thought it has to do with the transmission capacity....if u have got high bandwidth u cn transmit more information.....bt books and ms says fm has greater bandwidth so greater quality........................
secondly one ms says for sky waves that poor reception in hilly areas......while question said why we made a switch from ionospheric reflection to space waves using satellites......now the doubt in my mind is that tthe space waves are of even shorter wavelengths so they are essentially line os sight,,,,isnt it

Reaction score
Reaction score
please tell how to show anser for 1st question part b
For Q1 the primary charge is 1.6x10^-19 becase all the values are integral multiples of 1.6x10^-19
for Q2 b (ii) you have to substitute density=Nm/V into the equation given and get the value of <c^2>. do square root to get r.m.s. value.
the answer should be 500.

Reaction score
The question asks to show the final analogue signal. Because you people are showing the digital signal, so that's wrong. Convert the binary numbers to decimal numbers and join the points by making a curve.
Nopes...that's correct...check the application booklet ;)

Analogue.jpg