• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
haha yeah....it got me confused too..then i took a moment to do it again myself..and worked this way..and finally got the answer which makes sense (y) Alhumdulilah..
happy..abt it..
this was a question which i left cuz i didnt know :D and nowi did it :cool:

P.S. To avoid unnecessary confusions among members, i removed that post of mines :D
alright nice, but i dont know.. StoneBridge kind of seemed really knowledgable, so im feeling something is wrong , although it makes alot of sense to me.

Reaction score
alright nice, but i dont know.. StoneBridge kind of seemed really knowledgable, so im feeling something is wrong , although it makes alot of sense to me.
which year question is it? i'll ask my friend to see whats given in the solved pastpapers [redspots]

Reaction score
Assuming that the Earth is a uniform sphere of radius 6.4 x 106 m and mass 6.0 x 1024 kg, find the gravitational field strength g at a point:
(b) at height 0.50 times the radius of above the Earth's surface.
g = GM / r2 = (6.67 × 10-11)(6.0 x 1024) / ( (1.5 × 6.4 x 106)2 = 4.34ms-2

this example I found in the revision section of this site ermmm could someone explain me why do we multiply the radius of earth with 1.5 but not 0.5 mmmm confused ?o_O anyone ?