• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
the question has an inverting amplifier with negative feedback and the question clearly asks "Calculate" the bandwidth of the amplifier.
this is why I hate A levels.. they teach you stuff which you later find out is bullshit, show me the question exactly and I'll give it a shot.

Reaction score
this is why I hate A levels.. they teach you stuff which you later find out is bullshit, show me the question exactly and I'll give it a shot.
err its june 1998 p3 Q9.
you're right , half the things in the past papers arnt even in the textbooks ..

Reaction score
do we have to know how to do that?

yes we should learn that how to calculate the bandwidth of op-amp and how to determine the frequency of FM, and signal frequencies.
I have tries to find a way to make u guys understand that how to calculate it bt am unable as itx only possible by any video link, which I donot have or by face to face to face convers. which is also.... a little difficult I gues.

there may be some one else who could try to make U understand abt it but m unable.....:(

Reaction score
can anybody explain Qs 3b/1 and 2 of p-43 oct/nov.plz .i think there is a problem with ms regarding this qs!
this question actually corresponds to the phase difference but the way i did i drew two graphs in this case lets take sinusoidal graph and then think of the path difference u will figure out that for 120 degree phase difference its at the center and moving upward and for 240 degree it will be opposite

Reaction score
dude where the freak am I supposed to get a 1998 pastpaper from?! and just leave it.. they're not gonna give such a question in 2012
actually i was just doing all the amplifier questions so thought i should know how to calculate the bandwidth . but you're probably right its too old .

Reaction score
err its june 1998 p3 Q9.
you're right , half the things in the past papers arnt even in the textbooks ..
oh God u r doing those years...now so many changes r there in our syllabus...some topics r removed and some r added...so dont depent so much in these years...

Reaction score
yes we should learn that how to calculate the bandwidth of op-amp and how to determine the frequency of FM, and signal frequencies.
I have tries to find a way to make u guys understand that how to calculate it bt am unable as itx only possible by any video link, which I donot have or by face to face to face convers. which is also.... a little difficult I gues.

there may be some one else who could try to make U understand abt it but m unable.....:(

I checked the syllabus and it doesn't say anything about learning how to calculate the badnwidht.. it only says "recall and use expressions for the voltage gain of inverting and of non inverting amplifiers" that's all there is about formulae from this topic.

Reaction score
I checked the syllabus and it doesn't say anything about learning how to calculate the badnwidht.. it only says "recall and use expressions for the voltage gain of inverting and of non inverting amplifiers" that's all there is about formulae from this topic.
simple...it's nt there in the syllabus then ;) i hope so..

Reaction score
oh God u r doing those years...now so many changes r there in our syllabus...some topics r removed and some r added...so dont depent so much in these years...
im doing them from my sir's compiled booklet . he has removed all the questions which arnt in our sylabus now.

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/CIE/International A And AS Level/9702 - Physics/9702_s07_qp_4.pdf
Q3b any 1 out there goody good in physics calc? cuz i kinda dont do maths and ya stuck with this qz
help me pretty plz d marking scheme ans aounds lyk greek 2 me:cry:
relax lad...for these sort of question u first need to calculate the area of one block like one small block inside the graph in this case it is 1cm and 2.5v/m
then count down the number of blocks under the graph if not complete do approximation and u come across 21 blocks then u multiply both to find the voltage simple :p

Reaction score

iF u checked and it does not show then thats great apart there are some questions in papst paers regarding this.. but yes since last few years there are no questions... so pray fr the tradition to be maintained