• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*ABP* Examination tips and Best of luck!

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
bol.gif

Examination Tips:

1. Have a relaxing night before your exams.

2. Have a light breakfast: sandwiches, cereal or fruit (do not eat or drink unfamiliar things that morning).

3. Don’t drink too much liquid (to avoid unnecessary visits to the washroom).

4. Before you leave home ensure you have all necessary stationery—pencils, erasers, sharpener, and most importantly your exam slip.

5. Get to your examination centre at least 30 minutes before your exam begins. This gives you enough time to relax yourself and settle into your seat.

6. Pray, stay calm and remain focused.

7. Even if you don’t have the urgent need to, try and go to the washroom before each exam.

8. Listen to the invigilator carefully.

9. Read the instructions on your exam paper and if you are unsure about anything, don’t hesitate to ask the invigilator (that’s why they are there).

10. Don’t waste time. If you get stuck on a question because it seems difficult or confusing, move on to the next and return to the tough questions after.

11. Don’t panic. If you feel yourself sweating or hyperventilating, put down your pencil, close your eyes, take deep breaths, pray and consciously relax. When calmer, go back to work.

12. If you feel uncontrollably ill during the exam notify the invigilator.

13. Use extra time to review your solutions.

14. Most importantly, remain positive.

REMEMBER: Examinations are not the be-all-and-end-all of your life, they are just one aspect of your life as a student.

Reaction score
Re: Examination tips and Best of luck!

man..i dunno what more to say more than thanks..but it really made me more positive

Reaction score

dat was somthing motivating. thnx :)

Reaction score

Don’t drink too much liquid (to avoid unnecessary visits to the washroom).

Never ever drink too much coffee before any exam. It dehydrates your body and yes you spend alotta time in the bathroom. What do you guys think about energy drinks? I stay up but cant concentrate after i have one.

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score

Energy drink give a boost of taurine which improves your responsiveness but its not a good idea to try it before an exam.

Reaction score

Why not? What about before a physics practical? It decreases your reaction time i guess.

Reaction score

I have an english paper at 9:30am and i'm not able to sleep :(
Wat to do?? :cry:

Reaction score

just start studying and you will automatically feel sleepy!!!atleast thats what i do when i am unable to sleep...lol.

Reaction score

seriously this helps a lot

prayyyyy

Reaction score

Thanks for the tips.. any other way to stop the sweating or hyperventilating ?? ... wenever i get the exam i sweat prefusely for 10 mins .. nd thts wen i get panicked..

even though i know how to do every question but im still so much panicked :(

Reaction score

Yes, that's why you shouldn't have a RED BULL before an examination. It has taurine.

However, other energy drinks such as BISON, do not and work really well. The caffeine is just the right amount, imo. :D

Reaction score

Hey dude...

Last time, when I did my AS, i was panicked too for many papers. That caused a terrible result....
But, when I was doing mock for A2..i tried to relax myself 15-30 minutes before the exam. And during the exam, tried to not "over concentrate" or "over-think" for the hard questions...skip it..later,visit it again....And i saw a positive effect on my mock results...

Reaction score

I believe if u have worked hard. knw evrything of the sylabus. then u shud go with an attitude in the hall!
"lets bring it on"! :p

Reaction score

Jazib i bet no one has that spirit :D.. trust me even gud teachers are not going to easily do the exam 100 prcnt correct...

and ILLmatic i do not drink energy drinks.. i have a bad feeling abt them..

Reaction score

Zazzyo said:
Jazib i bet no one has that spirit :D.. trust me even gud teachers are not going to easily do the exam 100 prcnt correct...

and ILLmatic i do not drink energy drinks.. i have a bad feeling abt them..

True. I'd rather drink a protein shake before the exam. :)
Maybe an energy drink to pull an all nighter.

Also, do NOT ever panic before an exam. Just know that you'll do amazing and you will. Be confident and pray. :)