• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

accounting doubts anyone i am ready to answer it

Reaction score
hey
can you tell me the difference between interim dividend and proposed dividend

Interim is the amount that the company pays to the shareholders during the year.. while final is paid at the financial year end after making profit.. (Final dividend is also called Proposed dividend and is considered as a current liability)

Reaction score

1. As inventory was overstated, current assets are overstated and so does capital employed increase (Recall accounting equation).
2. As there was more opening inventory, then more cost of sales, so lower gross profit as cost of sales is subtracted from Sales.
3. Current assets are in the balance sheet, obviously no effect on gross profit.

Reaction score
i
1. As inventory was overstated, current assets are overstated and so does capital employed increase (Recall accounting equation).
2. As there was more opening inventory, then more cost of sales, so lower gross profit as cost of sales is subtracted from Sales.
3. Current assets are in the balance sheet, obviously no effect on gross profit.
im not sure if i quite understood , but in no. 2 it will decrease but as opening inventory changed , the closing inventory also changed then how 250
and in no. 3 what bring gross profit in , its about current assets on 2011 and inventory is a current asset so how come no effect

and thanks BTW

Reaction score
i
im not sure if i quite understood , but in no. 2 it will decrease but as opening inventory changed , the closing inventory also changed then how 250
and in no. 3 what bring gross profit in , its about current assets on 2011 and inventory is a current asset so how come no effect

and thanks BTW

:)
For no. 2--> Pay attention to the question carefully! The opening inventory only is changed... They said he took cost value.. for closing inventory, taking cost is correct because it's lower than net realisable value! But for opening inventory, its wrong to take cost as its higher than net realisable value
For no. 3--> In current assets we take the value of closing inventory! Opening inventory is the one with the mistake.. got it? :)

Reaction score
:)
For no. 2--> Pay attention to the question carefully! The opening inventory only is changed... They said he took cost value.. for closing inventory, taking cost is correct because it's lower than net realisable value! But for opening inventory, its wrong to take cost as its higher than net realisable value
For no. 3--> In current assets we take the value of closing inventory! Opening inventory is the one with the mistake.. got it? :)
okay....Thanks for your effort, i forgot that it is lower of cost and NRV