• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

accounting doubts anyone i am ready to answer it

Reaction score
o
October/November 2011 variant 13 question no 6c
okay....
it means net profit / opening capital employed
the net profit is for current year and capital employed is for past year
to find opening capital employed
Loan 6000
+capital beggining 5000
+net profit beg. * which is retained profit brought forward* 1200
to be 6000+6200
so 4000/12200
and *100 as asked for percentage
I know it is hard to understand but thats accounting

Reaction score
Sup guys?! I can do nearly all topics fairly well, the only problem is Company accounting (Appropriation and Balance sheet), can someone help me with the format of those 2 financial documents? Thats all I need! :)

same here!

Reaction score
o
okay....
it means net profit / opening capital employed
the net profit is for current year and capital employed is for past year
to find opening capital employed
Loan 6000
+capital beggining 5000
+net profit beg. * which is retained profit brought forward* 1200
to be 6000+6200
so 4000/12200
and *100 as asked for percentage
I know it is hard to understand but thats accounting
tgh

Thanx

Reaction score
can anyone please tell me if the balance sheet still has loans under financed by or if it was moved up
and if i should include working capital and capital employed in it

Reaction score
can anyone please tell me if the balance sheet still has loans under financed by or if it was moved up
and if i should include working capital and capital employed in it

In the balance sheet, in financed by part, you add long term loan... or subtract it before u write financed by part... I think both are acceptable!
I don't think u add those... did u find in any of the questions?

Reaction score
In the balance sheet, in financed by part, you add long term loan... or subtract it before u write financed by part... I think both are acceptable!
I don't think u add those... did u find in any of the questions?
i didnt quite understand what u mean but balance sheets that i see in ms of new exams usually have loans before financed by
and about working capital and capital employed i dont usually see those in new exams
should i put as working capital or net assets?
and thanks for answering my doubts

Reaction score
i didnt quite understand what u mean but balance sheets that i see in ms of new exams usually have loans before financed by
and about working capital and capital employed i dont usually see those in new exams
should i put as working capital or net assets?
and thanks for answering my doubts

If the ms says before, then do that just in case the reverse is wrong!
You don't include working capital or net assets here

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm taking Accounting this session June 2014 and paper 1 is on 5th of June and paper 2 is on 9th of June.
Anyway, this my second time taking accounting because I took it in Nov 2013 but unfortunately the grade was so bad so due to the amount and difficulty of subjects I'm taking with accounting this session I barely studied accounting since the last session now there are 12 days left for paper 1 and 15 days left for paper 2 and I want to revise the syllabus as fast as possible and begin solving past papers to do good on the exam even though it's my mistake that I left it the whole time but everything is possible.
I need some advice and ask some questions:
1- What are the most common topics that come in Paper 1 and Paper 2 so I can set my timetable according to their priority?
2- What is the best book/notes to study from? (Currently, I have the Accounting for Cambridge IGCSE Book and a 200 page notes from a well known teacher)
3- What is the most efficient and easy way to study Accounting?

**NOTE: I have a Paper 2 Chemistry A level Edexcel exam left before the Accounting exams so keep that in mind.
...and finally, is there any chance that I could score an A* in the accounting this session because I truly don't have any time in the next sessions for re-examinations.
THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)