• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting Paper 12 .... how was it ?

Reaction score
well i think no, as in the short term debentures would increase cash and hence increase the production and revenue of the business, as the interest is usually fixed amount, it will not happen to have a big impact and in short term profits will increase where as in the long term, the firm will have to pay back the debentures and its effect will amortize as time passes increasing expenses and reducing profits
No. The cash injection would not increase the short run profits. We cant increase production so quickly!
And about the debenture interest, it'll be added to the expenses of the business hence decreasing short run profits.
I think this was a repeated question btw.

Reaction score
No. The cash injection would not increase the short run profits. We cant increase production so quickly!
And about the debenture interest, it'll be added to the expenses of the business hence decreasing short run profits.
I think this was a repeated question btw.

bro as it increased cash, the business could use it to buy in bulk quantities and receive substantial discounts increases short run profits

Reaction score
option was D.

any seller wud always think abt profitability he wud get from selling a product and not abt liquidity in normal circumstances.

Reaction score
Well I answered no effect on GP from New inventory system and a decrease in GP( as cash discount is increased) :(

Reaction score
Gp will remain same. But net profit will decrease

Dont u include cash discount while making p&l in final accounts