• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting Paper 42.

Rate your Accounts paper 42!

• Awesome (100-120)

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Good (80-100)

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Average (70-80)

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
yeah it said no

'scrap value' but the depreciation charge accumulate was less than the cost, meaning that althought it was sold for nil, it haadd some bbok value which was loss on sale. so there
I was talking about Q3, not Q2.

Reaction score
Which inventory level did you guys take?
I didn't take NRV rather cost because we take lower of cost. According to IAS 2

Reaction score
Just 65000 - 37578
Don't retake the affect of depreciation because loss on disposal was already shown in the trial balance.
just because the loass was recorded it doen't show that they also adjusted for the asset cost and depreciation, was it written somewhere that it was adjusted

Reaction score
just because the loass was recorded it doen't show that they also adjusted for the asset cost and depreciation, was it written somewhere that it was adjusted
Really?
Do you know how entries are recorded into trial balance? How on earth would a public company record a loss on sale of non-current asset and not take into account of it's cost and depreciation?
If so, please enlighten me with exactly 'how' would you prepare general entries then?

Reaction score
Which inventory level did you guys take?
I didn't take NRV rather cost because we take lower of cost. According to IAS 2
i took the lower of cost in both the income statement and balance sheet
what were ur component grades in AS? if u dont mind can u tell the marks too.