• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accountings helppppppppp

Reaction score
Its easy Its B...
As its an income, The closing accrual will be added with the money received i.e $17500 + $1600 = $19100
And as it is an income, outstanding income is an asset so on the debit side.
So it'll definitely be debtors as we have to take money from them... Meaning they owe it to us..
So the answer is B
Oh no. I gave the wrong link. Sorry. It's supposed to be the specimen paper of 2010. No 4. Sorry.

Reaction score
a) i) t.annual cost for cabinet 2 if x items are sold= 240x + 36m
T.purchase cost for cabinet 1, if equal 'x' items are sold =400x
equate both equations, nd find the value of x
ii) same as part one

b) profit for cabinet 2, if x items are sold = 480x - (240x+36m)
profit for cabinet 3, if x items are sold = 520x - (220x + 79.2m)
equate both equations, nd find x
c) the key point in this part is that 8m will remain as fixed cost bcos 36m, cabinet2, and 79.2m, for cabinet 3, are 'Additional' fixed costs of the new machinery...
remaining question is as above

still have any confusion in my explanation, do ask me

Reaction score
i) Two reasons why a business should not change the method of valuing inventory to manipulate the profit. Make reference to any relevant accounting principles, concepts and conventions.

HELP.

Reaction score
i) Two reasons why a business should not change the method of valuing inventory to manipulate the profit. Make reference to any relevant accounting principles, concepts and conventions.

HELP.
i)It will contradict the accounting principle of consistency..
ii) It will make difficult for comparisons: with our own business from the previous year OR with other businesses of similar type.!!