• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Add Maths.....

Reaction score
Salam!

Guyz,what r the benefits if i keep add maths as my subject????will it help me in further esp in eng etc?????

tnx for ur help.......n plz give me detailz bout it........

:D

Reaction score
Well Add maths will help you if your going to do A level Maths and Further more If you want to do Engineering than Add maths is the perfect choice !!

Reaction score
Yeah take add maths A levels maths would almost be same, u cud ask this from some a level dudes who were in O and ttook add maths theyll tell u clearly what it does ??
Ask Hamidali or anyone they might tell. :D

Reaction score
If you are planning to opt for A'levels Maths in the future, that you'll most probably do, you better keep AddMaths in your O'levels. Most of the guys who haven't kept Addmaths in O'levels, panic at the Advanced levels due to the speed at which A'levels maths is taught. Plus, it will allow you to develop mathematics skills that are a bit beyond the ordinary level. It's not a difficult subject if you give proper time to it, and in the end there are only advantages of keeping it.
The 'Further Maths' subject at A'levels specifically requires you to study Additional Mathematics at O'levels and most of the schools don't even allow the students to study FM until they have studied Additional Mathematics.
In the end, choice is yours. It is a time consuming subject, and if you are not good in maths, you'll have to work a bit hard for it. Best of luck with the decision.

Hope this helped. :)

Reaction score
but for example i choose to do FSc....then will it help me in profession which i will select in future like engineering?????

Reaction score
i think for engineering Add maths is also required so give it man,we ll help u out but im not forcing.btw what is FSc??

Reaction score
u r not the first one not knowing FSc.......its Inter of Pak.........

Reaction score
um if your giving engineering and A-levels then taking add maths wont help u in engineering it will only help you in As math, but if you can manage As math without add math then theres no real point of it

Reaction score
I just wanted to add that if you take Add Maths, then certain chapters in Maths should become a cakewalk (co-ordinate geometry for example).

Reaction score
yea add maths greatly improves certain topics in maths like coordinate geometry, matrices and vectors etc. Also it seriously helps if you plan on taking alevel math. Students who take alevel math without math face alot of difficulty in grasping the topics