• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

admission in A levels

Reaction score
I would like to know from u all the procedure of taking admission in an A levels college! and what is the last date of admission i mean that i have heard from many that admissions in colleges occur much earlier, even before exams ....so do any one of you have an that in which month new admissions occur
your guidance can change my future so plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Sorry... I have no idea about them... But its just a simple procedure... Classes are going to be in September so get admission in this month...

Reaction score
For KGS:
Obtain a Pre-Application Form on Tuesday 9th August 2011 or Wednesday 10th August 2011 (8:30am to 11:30am).
Obtain an Application Form on submission of the Pre-Application Form (if minimum qualifying grades achieved) on Saturday 13th August 2011 or Monday 15th August 2011 (8:30am to 11:30am).
Submit the completed Application Form on Tuesday 16th August 2011 or Wednesday 17th August 2011. (8:30am to 11:30am).

For Lyceum:
The Lyceum School Admissions 2011
The Lyceum School Online Admissions System is closed.
Students who have an aggregate of 75% and above in classes 9,10 and 11 and wish to apply can collect a hard copy of the application from the Principal’s office after showing their report cards.
The completed application form with all relevant documents must be received through courier by August 07, 2011.
If seats open up then these applicants will be offered a place on priority

Why don't you apply to St Pats? Trust me, if you want to take engineering subjects that's the best place to go. I am from Pats by the way.

Reaction score
i want to go with commerce n wat are the minimum qulaifying grades for kgs!!!! n above awl i am asking for next year admissions!!!

Reaction score
For commerce Lyceum is the best place to go.
You must have 7 A* in O level in one sitting to apply to KGS.

Reaction score
wat u mean by in one sitting!!!!!!! n 7A* or 7A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
In one sitting means in one session, ie may/June or oct/nov. Well during my time it was 7 A in one sitting ( there was no A* at that time and A was 90+). So this time it will probably be 7 A*.

Reaction score
In order to make it to KGS, one would need to have 7 A's in one sitting..(Not A*'s). This is what I got to know from their own administration. MOreover, I even confirmed this from a friend who's currently studying in Kgs.:

Reaction score
hey man how can a student give 7 papers in a single year its not dificult!!!! its impossible more over every school has a rule of giving 3 papers in the first year and the rest in the next year so my question is i gave four papers in the first session and will give 5 in the next year so am i eligible if i INSHALLAH take 7 As or more for admission in kgs!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Well it's their rule that you get 7 As in one sitting. So I guess they won't accept you. Still, you better contact KGS and ask them.

Reaction score
You definitely can give them in one year. Study a subject privately, and give it by registering via school if they allow it. I, myself, gave 8 subjects in one session. You can appear privately to complete the number of subjects required in one session.

Reaction score
but its too difficult!!!!!! most of the prodigal students cant get admission in one of the brilliant college bcz of this condition!

Reaction score
i think one should get 7 As in total !!!!!!!!!!!! can u cnfrm it frm any kgs student or frm any
lyceum stdnt!!!!!!

Reaction score
Dude, this is insane. I don't think one sitting means one session. It means no matter how many subjects you take, you gotta get the required amount of As in one try. For suppose if you get a B in some subject and you plan to appear again for it in order to get an A, this is called a second sitting for a particular subject.
I know like a hundred Grammarians and trust me half of them are plain DUMB.

Reaction score
Guys what about getting admissions The Atichison colloge and lgs Lahore?
Wht are their requirement and procedure?

Reaction score
Smartvirgo said:
In order to make it to KGS, one would need to have 7 A's in one sitting..(Not A*'s). This is what I got to know from their own administration. MOreover, I even confirmed this from a friend who's currently studying in Kgs.:

Dear

Do you know the fee structure of kgs. and you are 100% right kgs needs 7 or more As in one sitting.

Regards

Reaction score
hey is there any condition of getting at least A in eng olevels for admission in kgs!!!!!!!!! A levels..