• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advice needed!!!

Reaction score
Hello guys.

I just got my A-level results, BCC ( bio(73),chemistry (67)and maths.(66)) And for my AS,i got ABC( bio(80),maths(71),and chem(69)). Im planning to retake Chem AS+ A2 and Maths and Bio A2 this coming May/June 2012 as a private candidate. Initially,I thought of not retaking Biology A2,but I am looking for a scholarship after A-levels,so I need to get the best results. What you guys think? Can I give it a go? I have the confident that I can make it this time..but people around me constantly saying I will not improve and this really discouraging me. I have always been a straight a student until my secondary school..and looking at my results now,I feel like I dissapointed my family. so guys..any retake success stories? I really need encouragement now.. Yes,I am very depressed.

Reaction score
i dont think you can repeat A2 you have to repeat the whole Alevel this is what i have heard from everyone.

omg

Reaction score
u should go for a retake! IA u'll improve ur resultss!!!

Reaction score
Two of my classmates appeared for AS Maths after getting a C in May/June examination session. They both scored A in AS Maths in their retake in October/November examination session, Mashallah.

Reaction score
Two of my classmates appeared for AS Maths after getting a C in May/June examination session. They both scored A in AS Maths in their retake in October/November examination session, Mashallah.

Yea..but why worrying me right now is the time.Anyway I think to retake bio is very risky.I shall concentrate on those subjects that I've gotten C..Anyway thanks Iqbal.Really appreciate your reply. Does anyone know when is the first day exam for May/June session?

Reaction score
Re-do your A levels. Forget what other people say! They aren't the one's who will help you get scholarship in the uni.
Try to give everything you have got this time! Don't waste a single second. Best of Luck.

Reaction score
Yea..but why worrying me right now is the time.Anyway I think to retake bio is very risky.I shall concentrate on those subjects that I've gotten C..Anyway thanks Iqbal.Really appreciate your reply. Does anyone know when is the first day exam for May/June session?
redo biology with a more focused approach. just give good quality hours. repeat it or don't if u meet the requirements of the universities u r aiming. more time will be wasted in retakes. dez r just formalities to get into uni u know so get over it. its hard to focus again nd give retakes now it depends how much mentally strong u r. decision is urz.