• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A'level Mathematics Paper 42 (M1)

Estimated score for M1

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey guys, so i'm sure everyone's done with their M1 paper by now,
anyways, personally i found the last question extremely tough and wasn't able to do it correctly..
What do you guys think you were able to score in this paper?
And what do you think the threshold will start from?

Reaction score
Yar 45-50 is too much for gt :p
Btw i guess this time it will be around 38-42.... Get ready for stats and p3. One of them is going to be tough!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last question was a disaster, worth 12 marks. Other than that whole paper was easy and I am sure I can score like 37-38 easily. After that, idk because the only thing I calculated right in Q7 was angles. ._. Left the other stuff.

Reaction score
Q6 was the only tricky one I found (Q7 was easy, genuinely don't see why it bothered so many students). I'll be surprised if the GT is less than 42. I found this one far easier than P1 (12). I just hope we had to measure the total time in Q6, can't remember it right now, so might lose some marks there.

Reaction score
What was the time that you got in the connected particles question? And what was the last part of the last question, the mass?

Reaction score
Q6 was the only tricky one I found (Q7 was easy, genuinely don't see why it bothered so many students). I'll be surprised if the GT is less than 42. I found this one far easier than P1 (12). I just hope we had to measure the total time in Q6, can't remember it right now, so might lose some marks there.
Yup same thing, I gave my answer as 1.4 and everyone is sayng its 0.9 T_T we had to subtract 0.5
but thats only 1 mark max so no worries

Reaction score
The last ques was tricky, but there have been questions exactly like that in prev pprz. The paper was overall easy i guess, though i also messed up in the last ques. But it was my own mistake, the ppr was cute :p