• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Another Biology MCQ

Reaction score

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
HAHAHA :D
The examiner report says it all! :p

Reaction score
I thought that since biceps and triceps are antagonistic muscles, they cant relax at the same time! You say they do? :O

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOO :x
I said or koi option nai hosakta!!
C is the only possible answer! (Ignoring the extension of ball and socket)

Reaction score
Should I explain or do you get it 'abcde'? I don't want to but in this time.

Reaction score
I don't think so I will. There seems no need. Btw, NIBZ, the examiner report further confuses the question. :p According to the examiner report explanation the answer should be D.

Reaction score
Yes exactly hamidali391! That's the very reason I posted the question here so what do you think? :)

Reaction score
i dont know a lot abt this as i havent yet studied this but i know that Biceps and triceps never relax together or contract so now it becomes a 50-50 as A and D are removed.

so the answer is C as the ball and socket joint never rotates when a person jumps. Because i dont know much i still arrived to the answer, but this is how a crazy person would do so is the answer C.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Someone said RECENTLY that examiners can't be wrong! :roll: :lol:

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
But why on earth are there two mark schemes for this particular paper?

Reaction score
IT might be there because in the previous one the examiner made a mistake and in this one he corrected it yaar after all examiner bhi insaan hai and my comment was never in this sense try to understnd.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
All the answers in both the mark schemes are SAME!

Reaction score
I believe the answer should be C. Antagonistic muscles have to work opposite each other no matter what. Its obvious that biceps relax when a person moves in this postition and so the triceps contracts. As far as the ball and socket joint is concerned, even though it rotates, writing it as being extended will not be wrong. So the C is the perfect answer and not only because its the only choice. Actually, it should have been hinge joint instead of the ball and socket joint. But what I said makes total sense. If you look at the arm it actually extends, you can write it as being rotated or being extended. The examiner has just gone against his own marking scheme. *confusing*
This is my point of view, you can definitely email cambridge regarding this problem. And surely they'll correct this problem or correct the er.