• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Another Biology MCQ

Reaction score
@Math_angel= There is a list of the MCQ answers on the first page of the examiner too, and the answer there is C. The examiner is contradicting himself and not only the marking scheme.

Reaction score
Yes that's true. So C seems appropriate, though CIE should not have put up such a contradictory MCQ!

Reaction score
haha lol i remember this Question was soo annoying :D
hamid ali is correct according to Examiner report the answer is D , which is incorrect !
there's No correct option given in the question !
there Answer should be C except that ball and socket joint Rotates only As nibz said before in the post :)

Reaction score
Yes Uzair. I have emailed this problem to the CIE. I hope they send a reply. :)

Reaction score
And they sent a reply. Here it is.

"Dear Hamid Ali
Thank you for your email dated 5 April.
University of Cambridge International Examinations will not comment on, or enter into discussion about the content of any Examination paper, Examiner report or Mark scheme.
Please refer all enquiries to the examinations officer at your school. They will be able to provide advice and guidance on all aspects of the examination process including timetables, support for the examinations, results and certificates.
Yours sincerely
Paul Eaton"

They just won't accept their mistake. :p

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
And they sent a reply. Here it is.

"Dear Hamid Ali
Thank you for your email dated 5 April.
University of Cambridge International Examinations will not comment on, or enter into discussion about the content of any Examination paper, Examiner report or Mark scheme.
Please refer all enquiries to the examinations officer at your school. They will be able to provide advice and guidance on all aspects of the examination process including timetables, support for the examinations, results and certificates.
Yours sincerely
Paul Eaton"

They just won't accept their mistake. :p
YEah it is written in the marking Scheme that Cie will not enter into discussion about the content of marking scheme

Reaction score
thats strange why dont they correct this mistake its going to be a problem forever to everyone who does this MCQ will go through this same headache.

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
thats strange why dont they correct this mistake its going to be a problem forever to everyone who does this MCQ will go through this same headache.
It is CIE policy and you can find them on every MS or ER !!

Reaction score
I know but its a useless policy it means we are the best and no one can do anything abt it just as they thought about their culture when they came here in 17 century :D :p

Reaction score
Hey guys,
its enuf..!!
i mean if u'd ever search the internet 4 the term EXTENSION u wud hve found that In kinesiology, extension is a movement of a joint that results in increased angle between two bones or body surfaces at a joint so that basically refers to joint rotation... there's are no two wayz abt this explanation i suppose. Still if u find me wrong, do correct me.
Thanx :?