• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ANSWERING ALL BIO/CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBTS :)

Reaction score
Lots of questions.. this paper:http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Chemistry (0620)/0620_w07_qp_1.pdf

Q.7,9,11,24,35

A small explanation please.. I'm terriBAD at chemistry.
In qno 7 u know that a covalent bond is between 2 or more non metals. In this question we have 3 non metals X,Y and Z. However Z is a noble gas and it is unreactive so the answer has to be C.
In qno 9 we should a salt so the answer is either A or D. However Barium Sulphate is insoluble in water so there is no point of adding it becoz it would not dissolve in the water so the answer is D.
In qno 11 its just a matter of balancing try all these compunds and one of them will give u 8 molecules of Oxygen when u balance it correctly which is B.
In qno 24 X displaces Y from its compund so it has to be more reactive than it and in group 7 the reactivity increases upwards so the answer is B because chlorine is more reactive than iodine.
In qno 35 the positive charged ions are Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium and Calcium. From these 4 only Potassium and Sodium are in group 1 so their valencies are +1..so adding their masses 6.5+1 u will get 7.5 so the answer is A.

Reaction score
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...
Q7) covalent bond is formed when 2 non metals combine..the 2 nonmetals in that case are only X and Y!
Q9) If he adds the first 3 substances, the reaction will not take place bcoz they are insoluble in water..so the only possibility is D as it is soluble.
Q11) You need to write a balanced equation for this reaction...
write for all..and you will know that the answer is B bcoz..
C6H9OH + 8O2 = 6CO2 + 5H2O
it shows that one molecule of the organic compound, needs 8 molecules of Oxygen, so the answer is B!

sorry i don't have time so can't explain the rest 2..seriously sorry!
In qno 7 u know that a covalent bond is between 2 or more non metals. In this question we have 3 non metals X,Y and Z. However Z is a noble gas and it is unreactive so the answer has to be C.
In qno 9 we should a salt so the answer is either A or D. However Barium Sulphate is insoluble in water so there is no point of adding it becoz it would not dissolve in the water so the answer is D.
In qno 11 its just a matter of balancing try all these compunds and one of them will give u 8 molecules of Oxygen when u balance it correctly which is B.
In qno 24 X displaces Y from its compund so it has to be more reactive than it and in group 7 the reactivity increases upwards so the answer is B because chlorine is more reactive than iodine.
In qno 35 the positive charged ions are Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium and Calcium. From these 4 only Potassium and Sodium are in group 1 so their valencies are +1..so adding their masses 6.5+1 u will get 7.5 so the answer is A.

Thanks a ton guys, I just forgot to check for a reply before the paper. But it still went amazing, thanks for the help x)

Reaction score
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...
Q7) covalent bond is formed when 2 non metals combine..the 2 nonmetals in that case are only X and Y!
Q9) If he adds the first 3 substances, the reaction will not take place bcoz they are insoluble in water..so the only possibility is D as it is soluble.
Q11) You need to write a balanced equation for this reaction...
write for all..and you will know that the answer is B bcoz..
C6H9OH + 8O2 = 6CO2 + 5H2O
it shows that one molecule of the organic compound, needs 8 molecules of Oxygen, so the answer is B!

sorry i don't have time so can't explain the rest 2..seriously sorry!
hiiii.hw was ur paper....me was ok I got sme mistakes ...wat u wrote for question about polymer PVC functional group...I wrote it will have both

Reaction score
hiiii.hw was ur paper....me was ok I got sme mistakes ...wat u wrote for question about polymer PVC functional group...I wrote it will have both
my paper was good Alhamdulillah..but made 2 silly mistakes :( so expecting till 38 INshallah...

umm...was that question number 34 or 38? i mean what were the options...chose b/w alkanoic acid, alkene and alcohol OR alcohol and alkene? :eek:

for the alkanoic acid...it was alkene and alkanoic acid but not alcohol.. (question 34)

for question 38...it was both...alkene and alcohol!

Reaction score
Thanks a ton guys, I just forgot to check for a reply before the paper. But it still went amazing, thanks for the help x)
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb..
Your welcome...and really sorry..actually i completely forgot that i have an exam :p i was sorta late for it so had to run :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
my paper was good Alhamdulillah..but made 2 silly mistakes :( so expecting till 38 INshallah...

umm...was that question number 34 or 38? i mean what were the options...chose b/w alkanoic acid, alkene and alcohol OR alcohol and alkene? :eek:

for the alkanoic acid...it was alkene and alkanoic acid but not alcohol.. (question 34)

for question 38...it was both...alkene and alcohol!

yea me 2 I really made 2 silly mistakes in 2 repeated questions question 3 and question about co2 and o2 higher in planet...
Though I've solved them before bioo exam..and forgot that oxygen is 20%..don't know wat happened to me....the most thng which annoys me is the question about the oxygen and co2.....btw inshalla we will get A* ...can u plz grade my subjects in the thread I made befor like 30 min...check it plz...I'll be glad to hear ur reply...
bye and tell me wat u will do in holidays...will u travel?

Reaction score
yea me 2 I really made 2 silly mistakes in 2 repeated questions question 3 and question about co2 and o2 higher in planet...
Though I've solved them before bioo exam..and forgot that oxygen is 20%..don't know wat happened to me....the most thng which annoys me is the question about the oxygen and co2.....btw inshalla we will get A* ...can u plz grade my subjects in the thread I made befor like 30 min...check it plz...I'll be glad to hear ur reply...
bye and tell me wat u will do in holidays...will u travel?
awwh..it's okie! Inshallah we all will get straight A*s !
now we can do nothing...other than pray to Allah bcoz it's no use crying over split milk :p

sure...i will see it, Inshallah...
yeahp...Inshallah i will! wbu?

Reaction score
Are u kidding?? U must hve been really nervous!!!
nope...m serious! i was VERY nervous....actually i even forgot to check the 'last minute revision questions' (which i posted yesterday)...did not solve paper 2011...and the driver was waiting outside for me :p
i dowloaded all of them on my cell...and did it in the skool :p

Reaction score
nope...m serious! i was VERY nervous....actually i even forgot to check the 'last minute revision questions' (which i posted yesterday)...did not solve paper 2011...and the driver was waiting outside for me :p
i dowloaded all of them on my cell...and did it in the skool :p
Lol..i know how u feel..i missed an exam b4 :(..i totally 4got i had the exam