• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

any guess what the prac. would be for biology AS 9700 paper 34, any insight is appreciated?

Reaction score
not the time, it is the independant variable. so then you would be wrong. what we should think about is the colour change. So, if we are going from 2,4,6,8,10 times then colour would be blue, pale blue, greenish blue, yelllow green and yellow.
the second experiemnt would give a lower intensity and takes a longer time to reach yellow as almost all the CO2 is given out to the water.

Reaction score
not the time, it is the independant variable. so then you would be wrong. what we should think about is the colour change. So, if we are going from 2,4,6,8,10 times then colour would be blue, pale blue, greenish blue, yelllow green and yellow.
the second experiemnt would give a lower intensity and takes a longer time to reach yellow as almost all the CO2 is given out to the water.
Yeah but won’t there be residue on the outside of the visking tube from the first experiment when you time for the second experiment ? Because they didnt ask us to rinse the tubing and also CO2 isn’t used up. It’s given off I believe because the yeast respires aerobically. So in the second 10 min there was more air in the tubing so doesn’t that mean oxygen diffused in so the reaction happens faster‍♀️ I don’t know I’m just suggesting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How was paper 2 there were so many graph questions and a lot to write. How did your area find it? Easy difficult? I found that I couldn’t write as much as I wanted to and ended up not finishing

Reaction score
Yeah but won’t there be residue on the outside of the visking tube from the first experiment when you time for the second experiment ? Because they didnt ask us to rinse the tubing and also CO2 isn’t used up. It’s given off I believe because the yeast respires aerobically. So in the second 10 min there was more air in the tubing so doesn’t that mean oxygen diffused in so the reaction happens faster‍♀️ I don’t know I’m just suggesting.
you were supposed to wash the or wet the ends of tubing if i remember, theory doesn't matter a;; it matters is that in your table, you must have time.colour changes for exp 1 and then 2.

Reaction score
How was paper 2 there were so many graph questions and a lot to write. How did your area find it? Easy difficult? I found that I couldn’t write as much as I wanted to and ended up not finishing
i can't remember exactly but it was good. also in paper 34 the chart was a bar chart.