• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Any Predictions for specific topics(questions) which can come for the Physics AS level paper 2 exam?

Reaction score
I have just about finished physics, so am waiting to give the paper 2 exam this Wednesday. I had predicted for the chem paper, that something regarding sulphur or phosphorous would come as I had noticed a weak pattern about the topic of questions rotating every 5 years or so. Sulphur did come in paper 2! However the types of questions are pretty easy if you've read the book, so it hardly matters if you know the pattern or not. Anyhow I did the physics past papers, but am too blind to see a pattern, do you experienced people have any predictions on specific topics i should watch out for??

Reaction score
For waves I've seen a pattern. Most likely stationary waves might come or related to diffraction. Projectile motion is also recently being asked. It can come also.

Reaction score
For waves I've seen a pattern. Most likely stationary waves might come or related to diffraction. Projectile motion is also recently being asked. It can come also.
you think diffraction gratings will be included?

Reaction score
kk, guys another thing, since this is my first AS level physcs exam, exactly what is the deal with the nos. of significant figures/decmial places, we round off our answers to? for instance http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w09_qp_21.pdf question 2 ci , although the answer is 882, the ms sheet has 880, despite the exact same working with the same acceleration ! WOuld my marks be deducted if I wrote 882?

Reaction score
kk, guys another thing, since this is my first AS level physcs exam, exactly what is the deal with the nos. of significant figures/decmial places, we round off our answers to? for instance http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w09_qp_21.pdf question 2 ci , although the answer is 882, the ms sheet has 880, despite the exact same working with the same acceleration ! WOuld my marks be deducted if I wrote 882?
nope

Reaction score
kk, guys another thing, since this is my first AS level physcs exam, exactly what is the deal with the nos. of significant figures/decmial places, we round off our answers to? for instance http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w09_qp_21.pdf question 2 ci , although the answer is 882, the ms sheet has 880, despite the exact same working with the same acceleration ! WOuld my marks be deducted if I wrote 882?

Try to write your final answer in the lowest significant number form given in the question. Don't round up in the middle.
For example in the question it is stated 882, then the final answer should be in 3 s.f, if the question had 880, then the final answer should be in 2 s.f

Reaction score
I have just about finished physics, so am waiting to give the paper 2 exam this Wednesday. I had predicted for the chem paper, that something regarding sulphur or phosphorous would come as I had noticed a weak pattern about the topic of questions rotating every 5 years or so. Sulphur did come in paper 2! However the types of questions are pretty easy if you've read the book, so it hardly matters if you know the pattern or not. Anyhow I did the physics past papers, but am too blind to see a pattern, do you experienced people have any predictions on specific topics i should watch out for??
Dream on, baby! :p

Reaction score
Try to write your final answer in the lowest significant number form given in the question. Don't round up in the middle.
For example in the question it is stated 882, then the final answer should be in 3 s.f, if the question had 880, then the final answer should be in 2 s.f
what if different variable in the question have different sf? Like distance is say 18.2m while time is 2 s, how many sif do i leave the velocity to?

Reaction score