• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Any suggestions about doing A-levels in 1 year??

Reaction score
Hi guys..;) I am new out here and have decided to do my A-levels in 1 year. (Don't tell me that it's hard) I need your suggestion about when do I have to start studying for it?? And the procedures I have to go through... I would also appreciate any suggestions regarding the choosing of subjects. :)

Reaction score
I don't know your reason behind it but it's possible...
I don't know, maybe start studying now?? I haven't done it in one year though...
you might need to be too disciplined for that and have a daily timetable so that you cover each and every subject you're taking , in one or two days... And try to make this timetable each day, you know, there should be time for prayers in it, time for food, time for breaks from studies ( these are very important too )...
what I suggest is, give at least 4 hours to each subject each day.... 2 hours for AS component of it and the other 2 hours for the A2 component of the same subject. My Physics teacher told me to spend 3 hours at least for AS Physics each day in his crash course in November. :|
And what I suggest is, keep backups. Again, I don't know why you're doing this... But if possible and suitable, then keep the option of giving the exams later/ next year open. If it doesn't seem to you at the second half of the year that you can't complete it, or you need more time to do so, then you can always look over to the next option... Don't look to it always, and after registration it's foolish to look at the other option, but keep this option as a backup. It's not always a good idea to burn the boats, sometimes it is, but not always...
and after you done the registration, you've already burned the boats :D

Reaction score
Hi guys..;) I am new out here and have decided to do my A-levels in 1 year. (Don't tell me that it's hard) I need your suggestion about when do I have to start studying for it?? And the procedures I have to go through... I would also appreciate any suggestions regarding the choosing of subjects. :)
regarding choosing the subjects:
pre - Engineering: Maths
Physics
Chemistry
pre- medical: Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Maths ( if you want to take admission in Agha Khan, otherwise Maths not necessary in it )
othere subjects I know of:
Urdu - has the same weightage as the other science subjects, and is therefore a good way to increase the overall percentage too. ( should've known it earlier, well :| )
Further Maths: A subject known very much for it's high difficulty level. CIE considers Further Mathematics , Chemistry and Economics the hardest subjects in A level. Advantages, it's got the highest credit hours. And I don't really know why students take it. :| whoever I've asked why you take it, they tell me, because it's like studying. Other subjects are too easy for them to get any fun lol :|
And I don't know the combinations of Commerce and Arts in A level.
and I kind of regret not taking Islamiat . :|
Allah knows best. Another suggestion, seeing you're a muslim, if you're having a confusing in deciding maybe two options, do istikhara. it helps very much. >:)

Reaction score
and I'm telling you about the timetable thing because I've given Chemistry and Physics combined in the second year of A level too :)

Reaction score
Well first of all thank u fr giving me such a useful info...
I need sum tips like when do I hav to start studying nd hw to time myself whn I don't knw frm where to nd when to start??
I wud like to know that which coaching centr provides the facility fr doing A-Levels pvt? Wht are d sbjcts dat I need to choose at any cost? And cud I choose only Eng, Maths nd Urdu in A-levels?? Won't it create prob fr me in d future??
It seems hard fr me to give AS papers in Nov.. Can I give As nd A2 combine pprz??
If I wud giv pprs in ths Nov thn whn do I hav to apply fr d registeration nd how??
Lastly, I took Addmaths in o-levels nd I've heard tht S1 ppr is mostly based on Addmaths so wud it be easy fr me to giv S1 pprs in ths Nov??

Reaction score
I think its fine ....i took 2 A Levels in 1 year but in different sessions ( AS in june and A2 in nov ) i think this is better than taking it in one session as u won't be overloaded and might have minimum Clashes ;)

Reaction score
I think its fine ....i took 2 A Levels in 1 year but in different sessions ( AS in june and A2 in nov ) i think this is better than taking it in one session as u won't be overloaded and might have minimum Clashes ;)
Which subjects u had??

Reaction score
In the booklet provided by cie it says tht As student take P1 plus P2 or P4 or P6 whereas most As student take P1 and P3,,, very confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 9709_y12_sy.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Reaction score
heyy guys , i am new here , and i want help urgently ..
i want to know if i do my A LEVELS PRIVATELY AND IN ONE YEAR , will i be able to get admission in top uni's , and how will i apply without my AS results , as well as admission of universities closes by last june and i cant apply till then as my result will come out by august , so please need advice and fast ..
thank you

Reaction score
heyy guys , i am new here , and i want help urgently ..
i want to know if i do my A LEVELS PRIVATELY AND IN ONE YEAR , will i be able to get admission in top uni's , and how will i apply without my AS results , as well as admission of universities closes by last june and i cant apply till then as my result will come out by august , so please need advice and fast ..
thank you
if u really have a good result and grades u can get admission in the top uni's
it all depends on your overall cie result ...and i would recommend u to do SAT alongside to secure your position.....
about your AS result....i am sure u can keep it on the side while showing only your A levels result if ur grades were not up to the mark in AS

Reaction score
but will i be able to apply to unis before my alevels result , as i would be doing my as and a2 in one session ..... so how will i applyy and i want to save a year and that would not be saved ??

Reaction score
but will i be able to apply to unis before my alevels result , as i would be doing my as and a2 in one session ..... so how will i applyy and i want to save a year and that would not be saved ??
isn't it obvious that u have to hand over your result documentation when applying for a university...and it won't take u an extra year to apply for one....just a few weeks.....u need to be really patient about it