• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology 33 2015 M/J

Reaction score
Lol.. actually i gave my exam last year (as level) ... scored n A .. how ever i gave 34 ... but this year my friends are gonna give paper 33 so yea our teacher told us bout what was gonna come in the practical ... :)
oh, Masha Allah! well, I also took exam last year but scored C grade becuase i gave 33 practical and yeast wasn't good for me. I fought with them :/ I am reapeating to improve my grades and Insha Allah get into medical (govt).

Reaction score
it will be based upon the turgidity of a slice of a potato after you place it in a dilute solution and then in a concentrated solution, more like dilution .. you will have too make solutions of different concentrations, you 'll have to measure the length of the potato strip or slice after carrying out the experiment with each solution that you will make !! revise this from the o level coarse book ...
what do you say about yeast? Will it be a part of 33 variant? It ruins everything :/

Reaction score
oh, Masha Allah! well, I also took exam last year but scored C grade becuase i gave 33 practical and yeast wasn't good for me. I fought with them :/ I am reapeating to improve my grades and Insha Allah get into medical (govt).
IA u will succeed in scoring n A this time ... however prac doesnot really matter alot... 12% weight age .. A friend of mine scored A A D in As level but still managed to get n A grade .. :) p4 p2 and p1 matter a lot

Reaction score
IA u will succeed in scoring n A this time ... however prac doesnot really matter alot... 12% weight age .. A friend of mine scored A A D in As level but still managed to get n A grade .. :) p4 p2 and p1 matter a lot
hmm, thanks for advising.
but, there is one problem. Many are saying food test with plasmolysis while other says yeast.
what do you think about 33 variant?