• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology 33 2015 M/J

Reaction score
hmm, thanks for advising.
but, there is one problem. Many are saying food test with plasmolysis while other says yeast.
what do you think about 33 variant?
Tbh like i said .. i dont really know if its true ... but tbh my teacher told us about the plasmolysis test ....

Reaction score
hmm, thanks for advising.
but, there is one problem. Many are saying food test with plasmolysis while other says yeast.
what do you think about 33 variant?
i m talking bout the 33 variant ... my sir says that there will be a question based on plasmolysis for sure .

Reaction score
Dont we have to draw the outlines of tissues only? :/
eg in a transverse section of a leaf.. do we just draw the outlines of the palisade mesophyl tissue
..or do we draw the outlines of cells. (Without the inside details, of course)

Reaction score
nup only the tissues, or of a layer of cells such as epidermis
Dont we have to draw the outlines of tissues only? :/
eg in a transverse section of a leaf.. do we just draw the outlines of the palisade mesophyl tissue
..or do we draw the outlines of cells. (Without the inside details, of course)

Reaction score
The marking scheme says, ' enclosure drawn in cells Q and S'
what does that mean?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 33
Reaction score
Hey ... Guys do any one of u have the errors and improvements of all the experiments ,. Cus I don't know anything about that. ..
I need help so badly ..

Reaction score
Guys, for the 1st question, instead of doing the glucose test , i did sucrose test but got the same result bc that solution was a mixture of sucrose and glucose. so will i be wrong or was it just a waste of time and still get marks?

Reaction score
it will be based upon the turgidity of a slice of a potato after you place it in a dilute solution and then in a concentrated solution, more like dilution .. you will have too make solutions of different concentrations, you 'll have to measure the length of the potato strip or slice after carrying out the experiment with each solution that you will make !! revise this from the o level coarse book ...
Can this be a part of tomorrow's practical? We did plasmolysis on onions. Maybe, they could give potato with dilutions.