• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology P1 MCQs Preparation Thread

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
It 's been four hours now since the paper finished here.
Yup..i know...:p that happened so for ALL the papers...:D

sometimes I used to think...'lucky people' ...already finished...and i'm still revising... :ROFLMAO:

how did ur paper go...btw

Reaction score
haha
everyone sure has been helpful

Ya Allah plz grant us success in both worlds....guide us to jannah and make us among the muttaqeen....

btw Soldier313 when are you leaving? i'll be leaving after abt an hour...just asking..in case i get a doubt :D
amen to the du'a, am leaving in like 10-15 mins:)

Reaction score
hi can anyone please help
from 2008 Mayjune q. 35
please explain !!!!!!!!

35 Which disease is treated with drugs that have a similar molecular structure to DNA nucleotides?

A cholera
B HIV / AIDS
C malaria
D tuberculosis (TB)

Jaf

Reaction score
Aoa wr wb!

isnt cell wall present throughout? :eek:..

View attachment 12921

Nibz Irfan1995

I don't see what is confusing you. They are also saying that the cell wall is present. What is confusing me is that they are saying there are no centrioles???? During metaphase, the centrioles are the one which produce the spindle fibres, no?

hi can anyone please help
from 2008 Mayjune q. 35
please explain !!!!!!!!

35 Which disease is treated with drugs that have a similar molecular structure to DNA nucleotides?

A cholera
B HIV / AIDS
C malaria
D tuberculosis (TB)

It's HIV. Mary Jones give an example of Zidovudine and says, "(e.g. zidovudine is similar to the nucleotide that contains the base thymine). Zidovudine binds to the viral enzyme reverse transcriptase and blocks its action. This stops the replication of the viral genetic material and leads to an increase in some of the body's lymphocytes."

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see what is confusing you. They are also saying that the cell wall is present. What is confusing me is that they are saying there are no centrioles???? During metaphase, the centrioles are the one which produce the spindle fibres, no?
No, not in plant cells.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

It's HIV. Mary Jones give an example of Zidovudine and says, "(e.g. zidovudine is similar to the nucleotide that contains the base thymine). Zidovudine binds to the viral enzyme reverse transcriptase and blocks its action. This stops the replication of the viral genetic material and leads to an increase in some of the body's lymphocytes."
plants do not contain centrioles :D i forgot that fact...and plus i mistakenly saw the wrong option...and thought that the correct answer states there's no cell wall..my mistake :p

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
just hope paper goes welll inshaAllah...
2 hours stilll ....

jazakAllah khairen @everyone for helping...