• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology paper 22 May 13th 2013

How did it go?

• It was easy.

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • It was OK.

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • It was BAD.

Votes: 17 20.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Yes, it was one of the last questions.

The disaccharides according to me were: cellobiose, sucrose, maltose, trehalose, from A down D.

I forgot about the sequence of the pictures.If I'm not mistaken, sucrose is the answer for the third/fourth picture

Reaction score
um, i didnt write anything about kinetic energy or collisions though :/, i wrote that the low temperature causes the ionic bond to break (because i thought if it had to do with temperature the bonds that break will be ionic and hydrogen bonds, but for some reason i just wrote for ionic) and so this causes the active site to change shape, therefore active site is no longer complementary to the substrate and ES complex can no longer be formed. aihh, u think this is right? omaigoooooooooooooooooooood. stress. haha
It would be ok you had covered three points (Y) .

Reaction score
I guess i made a blunder in the sugars structures too :/ But what I dont get is, didnt they say we didnt have to memorize sugar structures, just what alpha and beta glucose is like? Ah well.

Reaction score
I know. That was a huge blunder I made :'(

Its not huge at all! Dont worry about it!

I guess i made a blunder in the sugars structures too :/ But what I dont get is, didnt they say we didnt have to memorize sugar structures, just what alpha and beta glucose is like? Ah well.

Oh no we didnt, we just had to identify the sugars monomers

Reaction score
I completed it 5 minutes before end time :p
i found some questions fairly difficult to understand, on some places i wasn't sure what to write and what not to so I wrote alot, i just hope they dont cut my marks for writing extra :confused:
same here.. the antibiotic obe was confusing...

Reaction score
oh shittt.....in that antibiotic question, i thought they were asking for ANITBODIES and i wrote about anitbodies :/ how much marks did this question have ?

Reaction score
oh shittt.....in that antibiotic question, i thought they were asking for ANITBODIES and i wrote about anitbodies :/ how much marks did this question have ?

Even I did wrong.. answer: antibiotics interferes with cell wall synthesis, enzyme of translation, enzyme of transcription and they interfere with enzyme of metabolic reaction.

My answer: antibiotics interferes with metabolism of prokaryotes.. blah. And then wrote related to tb.. :'(

Reaction score
antibiotics:

can mess with cell-wall formation [penicillin]
Can mess with protien synthesis [erythromycin, streptomycin]
can mess with DNA replication

And also, yeah we had to identify monomers, but for that we must know structures na >_<

Reaction score
Even I did wrong.. answer: antibiotics interferes with cell wall synthesis, enzyme of translation, enzyme of transcription and they interfere with enzyme of metabolic reaction.

My answer: antibiotics interferes with metabolism of prokaryotes.. blah. And then wrote related to tb.. :'(
i got it TOTALLY wrong :/ how much marks did it have ?

Reaction score
Just wanted to ensure one thing... the last question was the one in which we had to number the order of the cardiac cycle right??
The one in which we had to explain why the left side has more muscles than right?? i do not remember ensuring that there was a part after that.. Panicking!!!