• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Chemistry Practical - Paper 34

Reaction score
If anyone is appearing for the chemistry practical - paper 34 on the 23rd then feel free to share some tips or guess papers you know :)
this speech is gold damn right its all about becomin a better person nd achieve it urself grades are alphabets but the real grades is in urself finding urself how hard hav u worked nd reacherd

Reaction score
I study at a place that has good guesses on this matter, and there is gonna be a methyl oranges acid-base titration, enthral pay change related to production and test of co2 and loads,I mean loads of salt test.... But all these has a big IF to it, study other procedures as well. My exam is on 23rd. May Allah be with us. :D

Reaction score
I study at a place that has good guesses on this matter, and there is gonna be a methyl oranges acid-base titration, enthral pay change related to production and test of co2 and loads,I mean loads of salt test.... But all these has a big IF to it, study other procedures as well. My exam is on 23rd. May Allah be with us. :D

Brother. It is an earnest request to you. Please share in whatever you know. Salt tests are really complicated :(

Reaction score
Bro, just keep the basic knowledge for anion cation tests, and its best if you try lay out the variable t tubes in a rack, mark them as fb or fa 1, 2, and 3 respectively and then carry out the test with the same reagent (NaOH or NH3) on all of them at a time.then write down the result and procedure immediately. And it is gonna help a lot if you can manage a clipboard cause it is easy to write down stuffs as you carry out the tests. And as the limewater that may be given are has a sediment layer caused by atmospheric CO2, use the water that remains above to carry out the test. And remember, there is always the procedures of test given, you just gotta know your shit. Google how to do titration a quickly and you get good guidelines that show you how to do it. And also try learning the basics of Enthalpy change determination. Good luck to all of us!

Reaction score
Bro, just keep the basic knowledge for anion cation tests, and its best if you try lay out the variable t tubes in a rack, mark them as fb or fa 1, 2, and 3 respectively and then carry out the test with the same reagent (NaOH or NH3) on all of them at a time.then write down the result and procedure immediately. And it is gonna help a lot if you can manage a clipboard cause it is easy to write down stuffs as you carry out the tests. And as the limewater that may be given are has a sediment layer caused by atmospheric CO2, use the water that remains above to carry out the test. And remember, there is always the procedures of test given, you just gotta know your shit. Google how to do titration a quickly and you get good guidelines that show you how to do it. And also try learning the basics of Enthalpy change determination. Good luck to all of us!
can u explain .. the lime wTER part plz ? i didnt get it

Reaction score
There is PROBABLY a part in the enthalpy change experiment where you have to test for the gas that emits when the reactants fizz (like in a soft drinks bottle)... It's carbon I'd oxide for obvious reasons, so lime water is needed to test it so.

The lime waters are placed in the lab before hand, where it reacts with and forms a precipitate with the carbon di oxide in the atmosphere, which settles to the bottom of the container. So, try to retrieve the limewater that remains clear above the settled precipitate. It ensures that your test is proper and fruitful.

Reaction score
in some qts related to salt analysis it is said to heat a solid and test the gases evolved....plz tell dat shall v test for all ov the gases at that once ...nd hows this possible is their some kinda easier way to test gases...

Reaction score
in some qts related to salt analysis it is said to heat a solid and test the gases evolved....plz tell dat shall v test for all ov the gases at that once ...nd hows this possible is their some kinda easier way to test gases...

Didnt understand what you said.. Can you please elaborate? I can help

Reaction score
Depends on which solid you're heating. Heating means thermal decomposition.
E.g:
Carbonates release CO2
Nitrates release NO2 and O2

Reaction score
o/n 2011 v31 q2 check this nd plz help me hoe to identify which gases are evolved when v heat fa6...

Reaction score
Depends on which solid you're heating. Heating means thermal decomposition.
E.g:
Carbonates release CO2
Nitrates release NO2 and O2
if CO2 is evolved then effervesence is seen so v dont need to test it? do we...
nd if it is a colourless gas then we need to use splint and check it ryt??

Reaction score
o/n 2011 v31 q2 check this nd plz help me hoe to identify which gases are evolved when v heat fa6...
Well in this question the observations were a brown gas given off (and as the questions warns you that 2 gases are released), usually with nitrates NO2 (brown) and oxygen (relights a glowing splint).

Reaction score
Btw, I didn't understand why they chose the cation is Lead (Pb2+), based on the fact that
Na2CO3 & Na2SO4 react with FB6 to give a white ppt!? (Like, anything gives white ppt..)
And then based on reaction of NaOH with FB6, to we didn't test with NH3, so how do we know which metal is used?