• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS LEVEL BIOLOGY... discuss here AS students only :)

Reaction score
(Y)
Not really, to get an A, you gotta get questions right. It's as simple as that. Don't count on the threshold.
If the threshold is low, then you can be sure that the exam was hard for the general population (which normally includes you as well) and that their marking is relatively strict.
Their making is strict when the paper is easy n lenient when it's difficult, though uve got a point understanding the qs is most imp. I jus pray nothing comes out of the blue n everybody is able to perform their best! (Y)

Reaction score
there are openings so that WBC can squeeze out Maybe! :p
sphinter muscles basically contract and realax to control an opening. precapillary means that before the start of a capillary these muscles are found. so thees muscles must be to open or close the capillary openings wen needed. Although i don't get why they would be opnening or closing bcz transfer is through the walls of the capillar

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how HIV works?
The HIV virus when it's in your body, destroys your immunity cells making their numbers decrease particularly the T-helper lymphocytes. T helper cells are the cells responsible for alerting the body to infections by releasing cytokines when encountering antigens.
Since there are low numbers of these cells, the body can't defend itself against infections and eventually the body is infected with many kinds of pathogens.

Reaction score
Good night guyz:sleep:,
Hope the exam will be easy for all of us,
good luck in the bio. exam,
and good luck for the ones taking mechanics,
Inshaallah we all get a. (y):)