• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Level ECONOMICS P1 (Discussion) - M/J/2013

How was the paper?

• Total voters
Reaction score
that was a repeat question yeah? :)

yeah i got that :p
Idk haven't seen that one before.
For inflation falling, B because
Base year 2%
1st year 3% 103-100
2nd year 0.9 % (104-103/103 x 100)
Inflation falls from 3 to 0.9 in this year for the first time

Reaction score
what about the question that concerned the year when inflation fell? i went with D. 2012?

Umm no mate. It was B, 2010 I guess. In 2012 the CPI went from 104 to 100 or something like that. That implies deflation, whereas the question asked the first year in which the RATE of inflation fell, which was the year in option 2 (CPI rose from 103 to 104)

Reaction score
Umm no mate. It was B, 2010 I guess. In 2012 the CPI went from 104 to 100 or something like that. That implies deflation, whereas the question asked the first year in which the RATE of inflation fell, which was the year in option 2 (CPI rose from 103 to 104)
I answered B too.

Reaction score
Can anyone please upload the paper if u have one.. Variant 12... It seems that all my ans are correct n that's NOT possible hence would like to confirm it by looking at the questions.

Reaction score
You're right. Appreciation and appreciation, because even after the inflation took effect, the peso's value had risen by 0.1 . What did you write for that question about something making the trade deficit a significant problem? Question 26 I guess?
are you sure it's appreciation and appreciation? YAY! :)

Reaction score
What was the answer to the last one? Said the country experienced a balance of payments surplus. What would the govt. have to do to keep the "Fixed" exchange rate at its target? The options were decreasing govt. borrowing, decreasing govt. spending, don't remember option C, and decreasing the money supply.
I did money supply. Option C was about interest rate