• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS PHY PRACTICAL 33

Reaction score
Variable resistors are actually more easy to use. There`s a movable rheostat on the resistor. You start by keeping the rheostat on the right most part and note the Ammeter/Voltmeter reading. Then you move the rheostat to equally by certain distances, and noting the various V & I values. That is ofcourse after setting up the apparatus :)

Reaction score
I hate electricity practicals blah. I'm really hoping somehow first question doesn't even have a graph.
Has it ever happened that a electricity part didn't have a graph?

Reaction score
Exactly ,confirmed. Basically the height of the slope is to be changed.
Not sure about that! As far as I know, you dont have to change the height. Just the distance from which you're dropping the ball!

Reaction score
thank u...
alrite guys...finaly here it is..!
:)
two questions....one electcial other mechanical... electricity one will consist of -Variable Resistor, switch, battery, a sample wire, connecting wires, an ammeter and voltmeter...u willhave to measure the V & I after setting the apparatus after changing resistance of the rheostat on the variable and make a graph using the values....
while the second one has a clamp stand, a marble, stopwatch...u need to slide down a ball from a certain height, note the time.....

simple eh? :p :D

Reaction score
ok guys thanks for the info but here is my question

they include both a wire and a rheostat. why is this so? wouldnt the circuit look weird? you have two ways to vary resistance.

Reaction score
can we write
'difficult to throw the ball and start the timer simultaneously'
and 'use assisstance'
in the limitation and improvement section??

Reaction score
Okay guys.
Physics 33 Tomorrow will have an electricity experiment. And another simple one.
The electricity one will consist of -Variable Resistor, switch, battery, a sample wire, connecting wires, an ammeter and voltmeter. You`d have to measure the V & I after setting the apparatus after changing placing of the rheostat on the variable and most probably make a graph.
The second one has a clamp stand, a banta ( I dunno whats that called in english ). stopwatch. And you need to slide down a ball from a certain height, note the time.
Note : These are not the confirm experiments. However these instruments are confirmed, and probably the experiments will be somewhat the same as above. Don`t ask about the validity, for sure these will be there tomorrow.
Anything on Physics 31 please?