• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS PHY PRACTICAL 33

Reaction score
For the first two, yes, except youll write L1-L2 in the denominator for case 2. For the other 2, error is {0.1/L1+ 0.1/L2} multiplied by their product or quotient

Hope this helps :)

So for example if
L1 = 2
L2 = 3

For them being multiplied I will do

( 0.1/2 + 0.1/3 )* L1*L2

(* shows multiplied by)

and for divided

( 0.1/2 + 0.1/3 )* L1/L2

and for L1^4 (^ is raised to power)

(0.1/2)*4

Reaction score
effects_of_an_electric_current_clip_image018_0000.gif

This is the graph for Rheostat (Variable Resistor) Right?

Reaction score
If a question were to appear tommorow asking to calculate the percentage uncertinity in the distance D(the distance travelled by the marbal from the point where it is released to the point it comes to rest)
What would be the absolute error in this calculation?

Reaction score
If a question were to appear tommorow asking to calculate the percentage uncertinity in the distance D(the distance travelled by the marbal from the point where it is released to the point it comes to rest)
What would be the absolute error in this calculation?
almost 0.2
cm :)

Reaction score
effects_of_an_electric_current_clip_image018_0000.gif

This is the graph for Rheostat (Variable Resistor) Right?

and aint the guess same to w12 qp34, How can they give same experiments ? :eek:

Reaction score
So when we find absolute uncertainty, we don't take into account the calculated value?
shouldn't it be 0.1/calculated-value ?
The measurement of the actual length of the slope is likely to be to ± 0.5 mm although it is
very hard to accurately note when the object has actually travelled that exact distance. The
time measurement could be to about ±0.2 s, the relatively large uncertainty being due both to
the reaction time and to the difficulty in knowing exactly when the ball passes the mark on
the slope.

Reaction score
The measurement of the actual length of the slope is likely to be to ± 0.5 mm although it is
very hard to accurately note when the object has actually travelled that exact distance. The
time measurement could be to about ±0.2 s, the relatively large uncertainty being due both to
the reaction time and to the difficulty in knowing exactly when the ball passes the mark on
the slope.

So in short,not only do we have to use the uncertainty values of any instruments used but also to add other sources of error such as reaction time etc...
And the answer would be a total sum of these errors.
i hope i am right :|

Reaction score
So in short,not only do we have to use the uncertainty values of any instruments used but also to add other sources of error such as reaction time etc...
And the answer would be a total sum of these errors.
i hope i am right :|
(Y)

Reaction score
Please answer my questions:

While using a voltmeter we have to take the polarity into consideration right?

How do i read a micrometer screw gauage

The ammeter has 3 places or things where we can connect the crocodile clips right? How do we connect an ammeter. As in which ones to use

Can we ask the invigilators about the setting of an ammeter like whether we have to set it to 10 mA or whatever without getting marks cut?

Reaction score
Apologies 34 *. And I just leaked you guys the paper -__-
No one`s thankful here :p

thanks bro ... my sources say the same too....... but then they resemble o/n 2012 34 .... i think there are modifications .... but then the faults and improvements will be the same (95%).......

Reaction score
how do i set up a rheostat...it has 3 connection points...which ones do i use..