• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
A double slit experiment, using light of wavelength 600nm, results in fringes being produced on a
screen. The fringe separation is found to be 1.0mm.
When the distance between the double slits and the viewing screen is increased by 2.0 m, the
fringe separation increases to 3.0mm.
What is the separation of the double slits producing the fringes?
pls can anyone help?

9702_w10_qp_12.pdf Q27

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
A double slit experiment, using light of wavelength 600nm, results in fringes being produced on a
screen. The fringe separation is found to be 1.0mm.
When the distance between the double slits and the viewing screen is increased by 2.0 m, the
fringe separation increases to 3.0mm.
What is the separation of the double slits producing the fringes?
pls can anyone help?

9702_w10_qp_12.pdf Q27

anyone???:/

Reaction score
33--> as simple as that! strain increases means length increases increasing resistance as well.. no need to even think about the cross sectional area..
34--> Sorry I am not sure about this. h4rriet please help! :D
17--> they said 93% is heat while 7% is light... so 93+7=100... answer is simple 7% ((7/100)*100) - I guess, thats how i understood it..

What we're supposed to do in this question is draw tangents to A, B, C & D FROM THE ORIGIN (don't ask why; pretty stupid question, in my opinion) and see which tangent has the largest gradient, i.e. is the steepest. Because 1/R=I/V, so if 1/R is big, R will be small.

Reaction score
What we're supposed to do in this question is draw tangents to A, B, C & D FROM THE ORIGIN (don't ask why; pretty stupid question, in my opinion) and see which tangent has the largest gradient, i.e. is the steepest. Because 1/R=I/V, so if 1/R is big, R will be small.

But I don't get why from the origin :LOL: :p

Reaction score
anyone???:/

Let the distance between the double slit and the screen be 1m initally.
When the distance is increasd BY 2m the NEW distance is 3m.
Using the formula:
Wavelength= (fringe seperationx distance between the double slits)/ distance between the screen and the slits.
Wavelenght=600nm=600x10^-9m.
Fringe seperation= 3mm= 3x10^-3m
Distance between screen and slits= 3m (1+2)
Distance between the double slit=?
Put these values in the formula, the final answer is 6x10^-4m =0.6mm
Hence the answer is B.

Reaction score
I'm reposting this.. anyone??
4. Angular deflection decreases. That means points get closer together (so not much deflection is needed).
8. Since it's a velocity/time graph (and not speed/time), the area will be displacement an displacement is a vector. The upper part will be positive displacement and the lower part will be negative displacement.
13. When taking moments about a pivot, make sure you take the PERPENDICULAR distance from the pivot.
31. Find the rate of flow using Q=It. The direction will be from negative to positive; they didn't ask for the conventional current direction, that's why.

Reaction score

Using the formula W=mg, calculate m first.
Since we have to calculate the acceleartion down the plane, we use the formula F=ma for which the resultant force has to be calculated first (ie component-frictional force)
The value of the resultant force along with the mass obtained eariler are then inserted in the formula above, hence the answer is 3.0ms^-2 ie C.

Reaction score
Let the distance between the double slit and the screen be 1m initally.
When the distance is increasd BY 2m the NEW distance is 3m.
Using the formula:
Wavelength= (fringe seperationx distance between the double slits)/ distance between the screen and the slits.
Wavelenght=600nm=600x10^-9m.
Fringe seperation= 3mm= 3x10^-3m
Distance between screen and slits= 3m (1+2)
Distance between the double slit=?
Put these values in the formula, the final answer is 6x10^-4m =0.6mm
Hence the answer is B.

thankyou Aries_95 :)

Reaction score
Using the formula W=mg, calculate m first.
Since we have to calculate the acceleartion down the plane, we use the formula F=ma for which the resultant force has to be calculated first (ie component-frictional force)
The value of the resultant force along with the mass obtained eariler are then inserted in the formula above, hence the answer is 3.0ms^-2 ie C.

thanx!:)