• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
i don't know why i'm not getting the correct answer .. It's A
View attachment 12356
I = V/r so total r is 2 paralal 100 kohm = 50 kohm and plus one series resistor hence total 150 k ohm hence I=6/150 = 40microAmperes now look at junction current is divided equally coz there is equal resistance in both paths so 40/2 = 20 A (A)
hope this helps :)

Reaction score
q26.png

can anyone explain the concept and provide a solution to this question. ANS: B .
J-11/Var 13

Reaction score
View attachment 12364

can anyone explain the concept and provide a solution to this question. ANS: B .
J-11/Var 13

First off, this is my GUESS, so it may be wrong. Anyways, here goes.
Ok, so you are using a diffraction grating here, right? so the formulae used should be dsin(theta) = n*(lambda)
The question asks how many images of the slit will be seen - how exactly do you see a slit? You can see the light at that slit, right?
The only points when an observer can see anything is at the maxima, but how many appear here?
Since the observer moves his head through 90 degrees on the left side, substitute theta = 90 and sin 90 should be equal to 1. Therefore,

d = n*(lambda)

Substituting the values, d = [(1/1000)/500]m and lambda = 600 * 10^-9 m
The answer should give you 3.333, but the total number of maxima is equal to 3.
Thus, on the other side you should also see 3 more maxima, giving you 6.
The last thing you may have to remember is that there is a central maxima that we have not included in the formulae.

So that is what gives you the answer 7 - at least, this is how I did it, i'm not exactly sure if this is THE way of doing it.

Reaction score
nice explanation bro. thanks, but can you elaborate on this '' becuse it is a potential divider..if the thermistor resistance is low the other will be high and so the voltage across it...for the VL''
im sry i didnt understand what u really want???

omg

Reaction score
leosco1995 plsss mate these questions help will be appreciated ur best explainer pls dude :)
for q.15 n10 paper 12.
as they say the raindrop is falling with constant velocity, this means that the retarding force 'kv' = the weight 'mg'
, kv=mg
so, v=mg/k
now, kinetic energy= 1/2mv^2
substitute the value v=mg/k in this equation and u'll get the and D!!

Reaction score
ASSALAMU ÁLAIKUM
can some one plz explain these sums of paper: s_04_qp_1
JAZAK ALLAH

Reaction score
it says 'when the sample contracts it follows the same force extension pattern;hence definitely not plastic'

X is the limit of proportionality and Y is the elastic limit.

Reaction score
leosco1995 kindly solve my doubts and after that i will post my last doublts then all clear ur are very help ful buddy then i will be active on forums to help others inshallah :)

omg

Reaction score
Help, peoplies? :3

i guess it is because the qs says 'when the sample contracts it follows the same force-extension curve as when it was being stretched'
it means the behaviour is ELASTIC not plastic!!

omg

Reaction score
Average speed between XY=40m/12s=10/3 ms^-1 . The average speed occurs at t/2 for uniform acceleration, so at t=6s.
Average speed between YZ=40m/6s=20/3 ms^-1. The average speed occurs at t/2 for uniform acceleration, so at t=3s but for total time it occurs at T=12s(from X to Y) +3s=15s.
So a=Δv/Δt=(20/3-10/3)/(15-6)=10/27=answer A.
im still not clear :/

omg

Reaction score
q.7. they say the ball is thrown horizontally which means it will follow a parabolic pathway.
in this case shouldnt the horizontal component of velocity remain constant???????

Attachments

• 9702_w10_qp_11.pdf
    222.5 KB · Views: 2